Green Star Polyp, won't open

flynnak

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN!!!!
I recently purchased it from this site, 9/17. It seemed fine. The last few days it hasnt opened fully and today it wouldnt open at all. I have been doing regular water changes and supplementing for other corals in the tank. To give the rundown I have the following in a 30G tank: Live rock and sand, various crabs and snails altho not as many as usual, sand sifters, Tube worms, Zoos, Ricordea, Mushroom polyps, Xenia, 3 fish, and the GSP. Additionally, I have two power heads, a fluval 404 filter, and protein skimmer. The flow should be okay. The GSP was placed front and center in the tank so I moved it to the top of the rock today but it wont open.
Any ideas?
All levels are always in control, the tank is currently 80 degrees so I turned the AC on to cool it a few degrees.
Its worth mentioning that while the new additions are otherwise okay (mushroom polyps and ricordea) I have been unable to keep the Xenia happy. My bulbs were a little old and I lost the Xenia, Frogspawn, and torch coral earlier this year. I attribute that to the lighting conditions but hte bulbs have been replaced as of August.
PLEASE HELP.
thanks in advance!!
Jayme

ukcats

What are you supplementing?
How is the flow in the area?
Also, mine on occasion don't open for a day or so. These things are pretty hard to kill and are usually pretty resilient.

supalupa

They don't like to be moved. Try adding some coral vital and feed dt's oyster eggs once it starts to open.