Green Star Polyp

W

winstew

I just got a green star poylp rock an dit looks pretty neat under my MH/PC combo. I am going to keep the spreading under control and maybe persuade it to grow up the back glass but anyway I have a question.... The leading edge of the "carpet" is starting to come off the rock. The polyps are still out so I know its not dying but I'm afraid it will blow off the rock eventually. Should I be worried? or is this normal for the first 48 hours in a new tank?

W

winstew

yea it looks like its doing real good just peeling up in that one corner......

nm reef

Yikes!!!!!
Attack of the overly large attachment...time to scroll just to see!!!!!
Could you possibly resize that monster?
Nice photo....but a bit excessive.

W

winstew

Sorry I always do that... Its because I link it from photobucket... I'll try harder next time.......

seahorse11

Winstew, JMO but I like the photo that size. Some photos are so small you cant see anything. At least with yours, you can see good detail. I think you should keep it that size. Again JMO.

hagfish

The GSP mat doesn't even need to be attached to a rock or anything to grow. You could rip the whole mat up and lay it on the sand and it would be fine.

alyssia

Can you glue little pieces of the mat that have detached? I have some GSP pieces blowing around in my tank.
Also, how do you train it to climb the glass?

W

winstew

From what I have learned they tend to move in the direction of flow or lighting. Kind of like Xenia. You better the chances buy putting them near the glass but its still a 50/50 shot.

hagfish

You can use super glue gel to glue the mat to a rock (out of water). Just glue a little bit of it down and it will grab onto the rock as it grows.

fireykat04

:scared: How do you stop the spreading. Mine is taking over the tank? It is spreading every where like wild fire. :scared:

crox

Originally Posted by Fireykat04
:scared: How do you stop the spreading. Mine is taking over the tank? It is spreading every where like wild fire. :scared:

I'll take some!!

fireykat04

First I need to know how to frag. It's on a huge rock not something I can just break off. I'll take pics in the morning so you can see what I mean and maybe suggest how to go about fragging it.

I'd be happy to do some trading for Zoo's or Mushroom's. No idea how to ship either. :notsure: I would think it would have to be overnight at least?