Green Star Polyp

salty gal

Should the bottom of the purple matt be brittle? The top is a light purple and the bottom is a VERY dark purple. I thought it was all supposed to be soft, kind of like a leather feel? (<~~~From the LFS, which I no longer trust!)
And on one piece the bottom has something that resembles a pineapple sponge on it, but was larger than what I've seen, whiter, and hard. Any ideas? Do you all need pictures?
I've rescued these 4 tiny frags from a non lit area and am trying to baby them back to health. They looked the best tonight as they ever have. All thier polyps were out and had a faint hint of green to them.
Thank you in advance!

fish4rudy

It should be leathery and gray/purple color. But if I where you I'd get ready for a headache. I had a 3inchx4inch G.S.P. and within 2 months this thing spread like crazy. Not what i wanted at all. Put it in the sand and give it alot of room as it will need it or else it will be all over the place.
Just my experianc, not trying to be negative just sharing. Good-luck....

salty gal

Thanks Fish4Rudy!
We had one before that went wild before the big switch and alge overgrowth.
I'm planning on getting a smaller piece of LR and glueing it on then letting it cover that ONE rock. When I see it moving to another rock, I'm going to watch it carefully and then just at the right moment I'm going to snip it, peel it and stick it on another LR and sale to the LFS!!!
I'm just concerend about it being brittle on the bottom, not leathery.