Green Star Polyps

dmax

I have a piece of green star polyps I just recently bought from the lfs. My sailfin tang has been nipping at the coral for about a week know in the big tank. It has managed to break a piece off that was a pretty good portion. Wondering how I should go about attaching it to another rock. I wrapped it with a rubber band around another rock and placed it in my nano tank. It is looking good....just not attaching to the rock.
What is the proper technique to do this??
And why would my tangs nip at this coral??
Thanks for any input.

scubachris

My buddy just used a drop of krazyglue gel to attach it to a rock. Worked for him, but not sure if its the "right" way, but it did work.

ret talbot

Originally Posted by DMAX
http:///forum/post/2880887
I have a piece of green star polyps I just recently bought from the lfs. My sailfin tang has been nipping at the coral for about a week know in the big tank. It has managed to break a piece off that was a pretty good portion. Wondering how I should go about attaching it to another rock. I wrapped it with a rubber band around another rock and placed it in my nano tank. It is looking good....just not attaching to the rock.
What is the proper technique to do this??
And why would my tangs nip at this coral??
Thanks for any input.
I have used a hairnet in similar situations with great success. By the way, I am just cranking up a tank dominated by green star polyps encrusting a rubble bottom. I'm pretty jazzed about it!

ret talbot

Originally Posted by Ret Talbot
http:///forum/post/2882475
I have used a hairnet in similar situations with great success. By the way, I am just cranking up a tank dominated by green star polyps encrusting a rubble bottom. I'm pretty jazzed about it!
By the way, the hairnet approach works wonders on loose zoas and polyps!

janastasio

+1
superglue "gel":. Dry the rock where you will be gluing it, dry the coral frag as best as posslbe, and put a few drop on the underside and gently press down. Give a few minutes for it to settle, then dip in separate bucket of tank water to rinse and then all set to go back into tank! Wear gloves when you do. Corals can realease palytoxins that could potentially cause rashes and other sicknesses. Good luck