Green Star Polyps

hunt

looks to me like there being chokedout by algea. And the fact that those are white not green make me think you might not have enough lighting. What kind of lights do you have? And what are your water parameters?

bkroemer

i have compact flourescents (two 10,000k 65w and two actnic 65w blue) in a 55 gal tank (48"x18"x12")

hunt

i think the main problem is the algea growing all over it. I really dont know how to get the stuff off for good (i have the same problem with a coral to and i just pull off as much as i can).

foxface88

I noticed my star polyp likes moderate amount of flow, it grew a bunch the first month i had it then slowly started dying. I noticed it was starting to get fine particles collecting on it but when i added another powerhead to my tank and it gave more flow to the star polyp area it blew all of that stuff off it and seems to helping a lot.

mrdc

Mine likes flow and I agree that the algae appears to be choking yours out. Right now, my gsp is growing like a weed and is stressing my toadstool out really bad. I removed what I could around the toadstool but it hasn't stood up in days and lies in the gsp which is stressing it out even more.

bkroemer

your toad stool might have the sudden collapse disease which kills it if it isn't cured soon but i haven't read what cures it yet