Ground issue fixed??

hot883

I did not really know where to post this so I put it here. I have several fish in my 125. I have one yellow tang that kinda stays off to one side because he gets beat up if he ventures out into the hood (whiteboy slang for the other side of the tank)

Anyway, I was observing my tank and I noticed this yt drop his back side and kinda twitch and then be fine. couple minutes later the same thing. If the other fish swam over to that area they would NOT do this.
I reached into the tank on his side and thought I felt a slight jolt of electricity. I decided to place my grounding probe in to the sump to see if that could help.
My findings were:
1. nothing instantly changed
2. decreased twitching by 2nd day
3. It has been 1 week now and twitching has stopped.
Just wanted to share, hopefully this can help some one else out.

reefchem

I've always been a proponent of grounding probes. There are even some DIY titanium probe plans if you Google them. I believe they use a spoke from a bicyle rim or something similar.

wattsupdoc

Yes, its very possible this relieved the situation. However, something is faulting. This is most likely NOT just Eddy currents. You need to find the problem and correct it. Have you tested with a meter?

hot883

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Yes, its very possible this relieved the situation. However, something is faulting. This is most likely NOT just Eddy currents. You need to find the problem and correct it. Have you tested with a meter?
No I have not. (smack my wrist)