group buy, refractometers

nickoz

I am putting together a group buy for refractometers with ATC, so far it works out to 37 + shipping
refractometers
please see link if you are interested for more details, no additional shipping charges to the Richmond,Va or Boston,Ma area.
-nick

badasstang

Can you explain what this is? I am dumb obviously...from what I know, a very high tech hydrometer? If it is that, I would be interested!

jeffjw1

Maybe a dumb question,but why is high accuracy really needed? The lfs's around here seem to vary from 1.019 to 1.023.

badasstang

What is the benefits of this? I followed your other thread, and found the picture, and it seems confusing to use. But hey, these are just my dumb thoughts coming out

badasstang

What do you mean caliberated? Is there some "care" for these that is kinda hidden? I am interested from what I know, if you can fill me in on all the details, I will be in!

david s

Hi nick if you are in the hobby any amount of time you will probubly buy one of these I am in on the buy thru my reef club wich both me and nick are in :D

jeffjw1

the ones you guys are buying have marks on the glass that you line up with the spectrum marked in specific gravity or something but mine is in degrees below zero for antifreeze and I get a good reading but don't know how it compares.