GROUPER FEEDING

MY GROUPERS NOT EATING ANYMORE, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? HIS DIET CONSISTS OF SQUID,KRILL AND A BLEND OF OTHER FROZEN FOODS(FORMULA B).
I JUST ADDED A PUFFER TO THE 125GAL TANK, BUT THAT DIDN'T CURVE HIS DIET UNTIL THREE WEEKS LATER, HE JUST WON'T EAT. HE HAS NOT EATIN IN TWO WEEKS.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM AND OR SOLUTION?

davidcanupp

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU BUT i AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY vTAIL GROUPER. I JUST MOVED HIM INTO A 55 FROM A 30 AND EVER SINCE (6 DAYS) HE REFUSES TO EAT. i WISH THAT I COULD HELP BUT MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE CAN TELL US BOTH WHAT IS WRONG. GOOD LUCK!

Davidcanupp, maybe your grouper has a disease. I just found out that mine has ick. I still would like to know if that is the reason though.
Thanks for the post.

davidcanupp

Did your Grouper have any visual signs of ick? I wonder if that could be my problem but i have examined him and I don't see any signs. Maybe gill flukes could be causing this...or plain ole stress...i don't know. By the way, any luck getting yours to eat? Best of luck.

My grouper live with a 8inch puffer that loves to eat. I began to see what looks like knicks all over the grouper. I thought at first that the puffer was attacking him at night. So when he stopped eating I was determined to find a salution so I read post after post till I came to the conclution that it was ick and not the puffer.
He is still not eating but I'm setting up a hospital tank now in case I have to take the grouper out(which I think you should do if you haven't already).

davidcanupp

Yeah I have isolated him in a 20 High unforetunetly. He still doesn't appear to have ick but i think that i will Copper-Safe the tank today.
AquaMan 2, i normally feed krill but i have tried everything from Frozen Trigger Formula to Live Goldfish to no avail.
Puff (er) daddy: (You may already Know all this but here goes anyway)
-Are you treating him with anything? I have had varied success with copper in the past, if i were you I would isolate the Grouper in a hospital tank with no substrate (because the ick can live there). However, I would add rocks to make him feel comfortable (And you can take them out and wash them if needed). In my opinion, your best bet is to try hyposalinity, slowly over several days reduce the saltinity to no lower than 1.019. Then, gradually bring it back up to your normal level. In addition to this, i would look into freshwater dips or even formalin dips. Personally, i think that a formalin dip is easier on the fish and i have treated several Tangs for ick and other parasites using this method and have had a lot of luck. For the exact procedure you might try doing a search in the disease and treatment section.
Hope this helps