Grouper Pic's

comet_nut

he was when I first bought him. Took about a month to settle in, but he is happy as larry now. He will hide when the there is a lot of comotion outside the tank but generally he will spend about 50% of his time out on display. Its funny, he is bessotted with my clowns, spends all day just hovering over the anenome and follows the clowns like he feels obligated to protect them (they are only juvy's).
He has had to less shy to keep up with the food demands, he is in woith 2 maroon clowns and 2 damsels, both of which are very quick feeders, so he is great to watch.
What does everyone else feed theirs? I tried mine on feeder fish, even went so far as to go and catch some whitbait from the local beach. He was completely disinterested in them. But if you introduce any form of shrimp, regardless of if it will fit in his mouth.. its gone. At one stage he was swimming around with two feelers poking out of his mouth coz he just couldn't get it all down his throat, most amusing to watch.
How many other people have these fish? I personally love them, they don;t get the normal grouper size but are beautiful to watch.

jstudly21

i have a marine betta grouper :) as you can see above. i dont think mine has ever acted aggressive. I have had him for about 6 months could be wrong on the time.
i have 3 cleaner shrimp and then i have a peppermint shrimp i believe. I have never had him eat anyone of the shrimps. I feed him frozen cubes like those variety packs. I have two clownfish, a lemonpeel (soon to probably get rid of), royal gramma, and a blue hippo. he does very well with all of them except the lemonpeel which should be labeled the devilfish in my opinion not the marine betta grouper. my lemonpeel eats my anenomes and wrecks the back fin of my grouper :) good thing he fixes himself. :) i love my grouper so mysterious looking with the white polk a dots with that black color :) but yet so very shy and peaceful :) love this fish!