Growth on Snails?

clsimons29

Noticed a growth on the shell of a few of my turbo snails, see pics below. What is this and should I be concerened?

clsimons29

Originally Posted by lionfish1
bad arnold imitation "it's not a tumor!" wow that is wierd how long did it take to grow?

I noticed it last week on two snails. It dosen't seem to be affecting them and it looks almost like another "shell" growth on them, their is a definite "line" in between the growth and their shell.???????

bonebrake

Most likely a predatory snail that eats other snails. At this time I cannot remember what they are called, but my money is on that. Take the affected snails out and pull the mean snail off of them before it kills them and attaches to another. They eat and kill other snails by boring a hole straight through their shell and eating them from the inside out.

clsimons29

I pulled the growth off of the small snail in the pictures and it is definetly another snail attached. I did notice a little discoleration on the host snail on where it was attached. I did not notice a hole though. The attached snail has a white body with a large foot sucker and a small white flat head w/ two antenna eyes. Shell is thin and completley open where it was attached.
Is this a pred snail or is this my Nas snail having babies?????