GSM nipping at opening anenome?

solarscar

I got two LTA. Each on the other side of the tank. One of them was completely closed up and as soon as the halides came on it started to open, well i watched my gold stripe moran go over and i was like, "oh, he ain't getting in there yet, he is barley open!" well, he nipped at it, or whipped its tail at it or something about three times and each time, a tip of an anenome tentacle came off. What the hell is this clown doing? :thinking:

clintjj

Who knows, my gsm went to my rbta and ripped off about 5 of the tenticles, :mad: He looked funny swimming around with them looking like earthworms in his mouth.
My rbta is still alive and doing great.
Gsm went to the pet store and got credit for nicer fish....

pondboy

I have the same problum. i have a pair of mated msc. and as soon as i put my lta in they just jumped right in and bit off some . and they keep pushing it around . it never gets a chance to get it's foot down . so i bought the biggest lta that i could find . this thing is huge . i put it in today and they cant move her . now there leaving the small one alone so mabee it can take foot . but they dont bite any more arms off anymore :joy: they just can't get enough of the anemone . i think this is the first one they have had . the guy i bought them from had them hoasting a clay pot ,

fishy7

I have a pair of GSM's and when I introduced the BTA they were checking it out and it became home in less then 1 minute. They started grooming the anemone and they did tear off some of the tenticles. I am told this is normal. Well I guess if they want to decorate their new home then so be it.