Guess what i got at *****

dark angel

Last night we were at *****, getting salt, and i always look a the fish, and usually they have ich. Our ***** does have a lady that works there with her own tank, too bad she's not there 24/7 for the fish, ANYWAY...
As were looking I noticed, they got there shipment in early, and they got a ton of differnt tangs, With no room for them all, they were dumping the older ones as fast as they could, and I had to buy it, Got a beautiful Red Sea Purple Tang, (NO ich) for $14.99
I was in shock there were selling them so cheap, was yesterday only, in store sale to make room for the new tangs they got.
Im so excited, its lovely, and already makeing itself right at home. I'll try to post a pic later.

caillou

As much as I hate it once in a while I'm a "closet" ***** shopper. How can you not be. I recently rescued a mandarin from them. The fact that it was 1/2 the price of the LFS was just a bonus. I just figured that it was surely a goner in their tanks.

mep

thats an incredible price i thought purple tangs went for 60 on up. purple tangs are deep water and should be hand caught(why price is so high).
good luck with the killer deal make sure you get him to eat.

dicemanj

My first quess at what you got at ***** Would be ich! :)
I am also a closet ***** shopper, I bought two fish there for my 10 gal, they both made it and are disease free. If the price is low enough and you QT them, I think it may be worth the risk once in a while.
I may buy a green wolf eel from them. They have them for $20, my lfs has them for $55. Eels are hardy, do they get ich?
Good luck with the tang

B

bildotang

I am no longer a ***** shopper. I got a good deal on a tang, and I put it in my tank in January. I went away for the weekend, and the ICK that the Tang brought home had killed all my fish before I returned.
After that, a buddy recommended me to SWF.com's forums. Now I know the benefit of a QT tank. I won't make the same mistake twice.
The crappy thing is that ***** (when I talked to the store manager) said it was my fault. I thought that ***** was a reputable company, but I found out the hard way that they aren't. I have gone back a couple of times, just too look, and I can always find ICK on at least a couple of their fish. Last time I was in there, they had a large porcupine puffer, and it was just minutes away from dying because of ICK. I had to leave the store, it was SAD!!!

shikey70

My confession- Some times I shop there and take advantage of their employees lack of knowledge about their own product. My best deal was that I got a bunch of different anenomes from a ***** store, got them for three bucks each. Can't beat that. I just had to watch them for a week to make sure they were okay.