Guess What I Got!!

imurnamine

My husband and I are moving back to Alabama, and we just got back from visiting last week.
We made a run by one of our absolute favourite LFSs and found like... the deal of the century!
He had a used 135 Gallon tank with the matching NICE oak stand!
The tank has the overflow drill hole thingies too.
Awesome, right?
So, first thing's first.
There's only two little problems.
1.) There are a few light scratches on the inside of the tank, we were told you could get those out. How do you do that?
2.) The gallonage of 135 is no longer made, so how hard would it be to find stuff for it?
Also, we want to have a sump underneath. We want it to eventually be a reef tank, and we will have it topless. So, let's hear some ideas on livestock and all equipment!
Also, umm... what IS a sump, exactly? I mean, how do you make one?

cafero702

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
http:///forum/post/2597757
My husband and I are moving back to Alabama, and we just got back from visiting last week.
We made a run by one of our absolute favourite LFSs and found like... the deal of the century!
He had a used 135 Gallon tank with the matching NICE oak stand!
The tank has the overflow drill hole thingies too.
Awesome, right?
So, first thing's first.
There's only two little problems.
1.) There are a few light scratches on the inside of the tank, we were told you could get those out. How do you do that?
2.) The gallonage of 135 is no longer made, so how hard would it be to find stuff for it?
Also, we want to have a sump underneath. We want it to eventually be a reef tank, and we will have it topless. So, let's hear some ideas on livestock and all equipment!
Also, umm... what IS a sump, exactly? I mean, how do you make one?
The gallonage for the 135 is no longer made??
Im not understanding that one lol
But you can put anything on any tank and custom fit anything to a sump its not that hard.
And the scrathes you by a glass buffing kit and just buff them out. If there only on one side of the tank i would just turn the tank around set it up that way ( unless the overfloww is in the middle of the tank thta is)

maelv

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine http:///forum/post/2597757
I had a 135 and it was a 6 foot tank (72 x 18 x 24). And they make plenty of things to fit a 6 foot tank. IF
I am not mistaken and my memory serves me correctly, it is the same dimensions (length and depth) as a 125 but a little taller inches taller. So if all it comes with is a stand....a canopy for a 125 will fit just fine.
Not too sure about the scratches,
Do a search for sumps....there are plenty of threads on that here...
but as far as baffles go for your sump...try compression baffles...here is a link that I posted a while back...i tried it and it works perfectly...plus you can move the baffles as you please should your needs change..

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/285330/compression-baffles

imurnamine

Thanks, guys!
I don't think we're going to get a hood for it, but I don't know. This is kind of the husband's tank. : )
We're both really excited about it!
Any suggestions for fish?

imurnamine

The hubby wants to make it a reef tank, but yet he wants an eel, a puffer, and a lion!
I'm trying to teach him that 9 times out of ten, that is a no-no.
He's a good boy, he learns fast.
He also wants an octopus, but I say no, no no!!
I want a cute pair of clowns and a pretty reef-friendly wrasse, a firefish and a couple of yellow tangs... I'd be happy!

fishygurl

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
http:///forum/post/2599038
The hubby wants to make it a reef tank, but yet he wants an eel, a puffer, and a lion!
I'm trying to teach him that 9 times out of ten, that is a no-no.
He's a good boy, he learns fast.
He also wants an octopus, but I say no, no no!!
I want a cute pair of clowns and a pretty reef-friendly wrasse, a firefish and a couple of yellow tangs... I'd be happy!
you could always get a dwarf golden moray eel lol if nothing could fit in its mouth i think they are about the size of a pencil thick not sure tho plus u would have to have the money to afford it
you could get a yellow wrasse or flame wrasse would be cool
blue hippo tang for some blue blackcap basslet for some purple mandarin dragonet if u have a refugium
like any of those?

imurnamine

Money isn't really an issue. Especially when it comes to this tank.
If I were planning on being a cheapie, I wouldn't have purchased a 135 gallon tank, haha.
We are definately planning on a Mandarin, but much much later.
And definate yes yes yes to the Blue Hippo Taaaang!