Gulp....going to do a reef tank......

j21kickster

if you can spare the cash(500) this is an awsome light- 175 watt w/ cooling fan and actinic supplementation- if you are a DIY you could do one your slef similar to this for a fraction of the cost- i might not do 175 on the halide that is a little much and a chiller might be needed

beth

Administrator
Staff member
kickster, isn't your tank a 20gal? If so, how do you get all those lights over a 20 gal? Or is it just 2 lights, with different lighting configurations that you have used?

grouperhead

Thanks for the info, j21. I kinda thought cups and brains might get a bit large for a 20g. The main focus of this tank is going to start with some easy corals, some inverts, and a pair of some sort of gobies. Your tank looks very nice. Maybe with some luck, well a lot of luck, mine will be that nice ;) . Bo

j21kickster

Thanks- The reason i can fit all of those lights over the tank is b/c it is not a standard 20 gallon- it is a special square 20 gallon tank that oceanic ran a while back

justinx

I run a 20H tank, my equipment is below. I like it so far. I built my own canopy, for my lighting which i still have plans for if you want to take a look. This has been running for about 6 months, and everything in there is doing well and growing.