"gurgling noise from aqua lifter"

D

dogslife

I am a newbie and my lfs has help me set up a (soon to be) reef tank. 37 gal, mag drive 350, protein skimmer, overflow box 600 gpt and an aqua lifter aw-20. The problem is the aqua lifter makes a LOT of obnoxious gurgling noise (sounds like a loud coffee pot at the end of brewing) Is this normal??

2quills

You sure it's the aqua lifter and not the overflow pipe? That's what that little clear tube is for to help silence the gurgling by adjusting it up or down.

btldreef

Is that what the lifter pump is hooked up to? I couldn't figure out what he had it hooked to.
It looks like a CPR overflow??? I used an aqualifter pump on my CPR, but it had a place fir the lifter.

2quills

Yeah looks like a cpr. He's got the intake hooked up to the top correctly it looks like and the output simply draining into the back of the overflow which is typical. Usually the gurgling noises come from the drain pipe though.

D

dogslife

YEAAAAAHHH!
2Quills you are the bomb!! Thank you sooo much. This is much more pleasant. -- Just watching my live rock. You know I'm hooked.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogslife http:///forum/thread/386763/gurgling-noise-from-aqua-lifter#post_3399092
YEAAAAAHHH!
2Quills you are the bomb!! Thank you sooo much. This is much more pleasant. -- Just watching my live rock. You know I'm hooked.

Hi, welcome to the site! 2Quills is a plumber guru ....I think you need to turn down your skimmer, the foam should just start to go up the cup center, you have foam coming out of the cup top and dripping all over..