H E L P!!!!!

redsnapper

Could you give me the specifics of the bottle trap? I understand how I have to cut the bottle & put a little food in it, right? But do you hold it in there & wait, or can I just leave it in there & check on it periodically? I swear that little bugger knows I'm out to get him! He is so quick & anticipates my every move. He's just so mean, I can't have him nipping at my percs any more.
Thanks for any help.

shanna349

hehe.
bet you'l never buy one of those again.
It took my boyfriend emptying out all 75 lbs of his live rock from a 55 gal tank to catch his damsels.
never...
again!

newbie911

somebody else on here said you can litterly fish them out with a little hook but u got to be careful to not get the wrong fish. better than taken all the rock out

stapler

Do a thread search and look for a thread describing how to use the bottle catching method.
I read it a few weeks ago, and basically all you do is cut the top of a water bottle and flip the top around, and reconnect it to the bottle. Put some bait in there and wait.
Thats just the basic, not sure if that was everything though.

marineman

:eek: Take out the rock and net him! And never add a known teritorrial type fish to the tank. The smaller the tank the more passive type fish are needed to mix them without battles ensuing on the small enclosed reef. Good luck!

shanna349

Originally posted by newbie911
somebody else on here said you can litterly fish them out with a little hook but u got to be careful to not get the wrong fish. better than taken all the rock out

um...

:notsure:
bad idea. baaaaaaaad idea.

swaquarim

I think you are going to have to face the fact that you need to take everything out of your tank to catch it.I had to do the same and will never own a damsel again.Mean SOB'S

xtant

I used the bottle trap. Inverted the the top of the bottle into the body to look like a funel into the bottle. attatched fishing line and added some food. I let it set at the bottom of my tank for only ten minutes before the damnsel got stuck. ( :happyfish )

shanna349

Originally posted by Xtant
I used the bottle trap. Inverted the the top of the bottle into the body to look like a funel into the bottle. attatched fishing line and added some food. I let it set at the bottom of my tank for only ten minutes before the damnsel got stuck. ( :happyfish )

I like that idea way better.
;)

lowrider19

I use the bottle trap all the time. Just cut a clear watter bottle at the widest part so that you get a funnel. Turn that around and shove it into the remaing part of the bottle. Put some food and if you have garlic extreme in there. The stinkier the better. Leave the bottle alone and he will go in. Make sure the bottle is clear and the wrapper is off

lowrider19

if you can find the guy by this username "kreach" he has pictures and instructions on how to do this. He helped me