Had to downsize tank

greatfullreefer

Installed new hardwood floors so with a few tears relocated as much of my 75 gallon as i could into a 36 gallon corner bow. Because of the limited space beneath the tank i has to blow a hole trough the wall for my wet/dry and fuge. Here are some pics (bad camera so please forgive the clarity) Please let me know what you think

dueces

Great tank
What Wet/dry system you using? I have a 46g Bow and I am looking to get a wet/dry or build a sump for it. Space might be a issue for me....

greatfullreefer

Originally Posted by dueces
Great tank
What Wet/dry system you using? I have a 46g Bow and I am looking to get a wet/dry or build a sump for it. Space might be a issue for me....
Thank you :)
I am using the proclear 75 model...it would not fit under the tank and no way with the fuge that is why i cut a hole through the wall :D

jon.316

I feel for your man...downsizing is so hard....but you did an awsome job with that 36 and espcially with the clean filtration setup...very very nice..

dueces

there's not much that fill fit under my 46. Hopefully I can run some plumbing to the basement.....just got to keep dreaming :notsure: :thinking:

knots

Sorry you had to downsize. That is a beautiful tank you have now though. I don't understand why you had to downsize by putting in hardwood flooring. How did you lose space? Or was the wife afraid you would spill water on the new floor? Just curious.

greatfullreefer

Originally Posted by knots
Sorry you had to downsize. That is a beautiful tank you have now though. I don't understand why you had to downsize by putting in hardwood flooring. How did you lose space? Or was the wife afraid you would spill water on the new floor? Just curious.

Thanks Knotts :) I didnt trust having everything sitting in buckets while we waited for the contractor to return to finish the floor where the tank was situated. Additionally my wife insisted a curio cabinett would be far more visually stimulating...lo...yup im whipped

cjason3041

a cabinet???.... what the he double hockey sticks is in that cabinet!!!!!! it better be something more than the civil war chess set!!!!

dmitry

I hope your wife is planning to sacrifice something pretty soon, man! :mad:
The new tank looks good. The corals are all pretty close to each other - I'm curious about the warfare they tend to wage on each other. Will they all be ok?
The clowns seem to be happy! :happyfish

greatfullreefer

Thanks for the nice comments guys :joy:
Dmitry i have not seen any negative reactions from the corals so far...time will tell i guess.
Thanks cjason, no chess set but i am sure she will find some lovely dishes to put in there :rolleyes:
Thanks JON down sizing is tough but i look at the bright side...smaller water changes :D

robchuck

You did a fine job on the tank switch! The aquascaping and coral placement makes this tank look like it's been established for quite some time.
And I like how you incorporated the filtration into the cabinet on the other side of the wall!

thangbom

I think we're going to have to help you convice your wife the beauty of saltwaterfish tanks... Can i suggest adding an emperor angel and powder blue tang to your next tank...O and a dwarf lion...she'll enjoy it and practically beg you to get an agressive tank

I'm hoping....lol

laddy

GreatfullReefer,
Thanks for the link to this thread (I posted in Fish Photography and you were kind enough to send me this way). Great looking tank, and exactly the same corner I am currently thinking of setting up. Have you had any specific problems with the corner tanks, like circulation and/or lighting issues? Any thing out of the norm?

ophiura

Sorry you had to downsize, but frankly this tank looks awesome! And the plumbing solution was pure genius!

greatfullreefer

Originally Posted by Laddy
GreatfullReefer,
Thanks for the link to this thread (I posted in Fish Photography and you were kind enough to send me this way). Great looking tank, and exactly the same corner I am currently thinking of setting up. Have you had any specific problems with the corner tanks, like circulation and/or lighting issues? Any thing out of the norm?
Thank you Laddy :)
So far i love the look of the corner tank, i have seen no adverse effects in circulation (2 powerheads + 700gph mag return pump). As far as lighting i am seeing significant growth with 130 watts PC (i only have softies and lps so light demands are not as vast).

greatfullreefer

Originally Posted by ophiura
Sorry you had to downsize, but frankly this tank looks awesome! And the plumbing solution was pure genius!

Thank you so much Ophiura, your comments mean alot. :joy: