Hagen Test Kit Directions. Anyone?

azonic

I've got Hagen tests for Calcium and KH/GH....but I've lost the directions for them.
Does anyone have the directions handy and could post them to the board for me? Would be much appreciated.

azonic

Well, what tests are in the master kit? Most likely just ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.
I bought the Calcium, Phosphate, KH.GH tests as seperate tests....not sure if those are in the master kit or not.

cmack

Master Kit does:
Ammonia
Nitrate
Nitrite
PH
Calcium
Phosphate
Iron
Carbonate hardness (alkalinity)
General Hardness

azonic

You have the directions I need!!
I would be indebted to you if you could type me the directions for Calcium, Phosphate and KH/GH.

cmack

All start with 5ml sample (fill tube to line)
Calcium:
1) Add 7 drops of reagent 1. Shake Well
2) Shake reagent #2 very well, then add 3 drops to the test tube. Cap and shake.
3) Add 1 drop reagent 3 to the test tube. Cap and shake. A pink color should be produced. If after 1 drop the color changes from pink to Violet, the calcium is below 20 mg/L (ppm)
4) If the color remains pink, continue to add a drop at a time and shake. Count each drop and stop when the color changes from Light Pink to Violet.
5) Multiply the number of drops by 20 to determine calcium in mg/L (ppm)
Phosphate:
1) Add 3 drops reagent 1. Cap and shake.
2) Add 3 drops reagent 2. Cap and shake.
3) Add 3 drops reagent 3. Cap and Shake.
4) Wait 2 minutes for color to develop, Match color to chart (if you have it). Colors range from clear (0) to dark Blue (5.00)
Alkalinity:
1) Add 1 drop reagent. cap and shake. Blue color should result. If the color changes to yellow after 1 drop, the carbonate hardness is below 10 mg/L (ppm)
2) continue to add 1 drop at a time, shake after each drop. Count drops, and stop adding when color changes from blue to Yellow/Lime.
3) Multiply the number of drops by 10 to determine the carbonate hardness in mg/L (ppm)
4) to convert the result to dH (standard for reef measurements) multiply the number by 0.056
Let me know if you need any more info, my typing is not great, so it may be confusing...