Hair Algae eatin fish

regaltang2

Is their any type of goby (that is reef safe) that eats hair algae...i have heard that there is...is this true thanks for all the help

X

xnikki118x

I don't know for certain, but if any blenny eats hair algae it's most likely the lawnmower/algae blenny. They are reef safe and do a great job controlling algae. I don't have one though, I think they're like scary-looking. Haha...a lot of people like them though. I think one will work for you.

texasex

I don't know about what fish will eat hair algae, but emerald crabs, hawaiian zebra hermit crabs, and blue leg hermit crabs love the stuff! I know that some people have bad luck with the blue legs and even the zebras (not me personally), but my emerald is a dream! He has a verocious appetite, is reef friendly, and is fun to watch!

nitram

I bought 50 turbo snails and put in my algae infested 125 tank and in one week it was all gone. I was shocked at how fast they traveled all over my rocks, powerheads, overflow box and the back glass. I was very pleased with what these guys did and am now a beleiver in these hard working snails. I'll post a pic when i am on my other computer of the diff after I added them.