Hair Algae HELP!

edubb777

Over the last few weeks iI have noticed hair algae taking over my tank. I have installed a phosphate reactor, reduced lighting to 6 hours a day and have reduced feeding of flake food to once every two days.
My MH's are brand new as are my actinics. I don't know what else to do to get rid of this stuff.
Any suggestions?

lion_crazz

What does your clean-up crew look like?
Are you using RO water?
Is flake food all you feed your fish?

edubb777

My clean up crew is in pretty good shape. My tank is an 80 gal and I have 12 hermit crabs, 2 emerald crabs, 2 sand sifting starfish, 2 sea serpent starfish, 5 tongan fighting conchs, 14 astrea turbos, a sand sifting sleeper gobie, a lawnmower blennie, and a black blennie.
I also have a 5" yellow mimic tang and a 5" foxface rabbitfish.
Is this enough?

edubb777

I use RO /DI water from the LFS and flake is only fed every other day. I also feed a wide variety of other foods including spirulina, mysis shrimp, krill & pellets.
I noticed on the flake food that there was alot of phosporus therefore I reduced feeding of that.
Any other suggestions?
I do 15% water changes every seven to ten days, keep my protein skimmer cleaned daily, buffer my RO/DI on water changes and try to clean the detritus from my LR during changes.
HELP!