Hair Algae major dilema

jt41484

i am currently and have been trying to deplete my major hair algae prob.
i have a 125 dt with a 29 sump and i cannot seem to get rid of it but thats not really what i was trying to get answers for what id like to know is if running my heaters at i beleive 82*-85* is to warm as when i first set up the tank it was the only thing i saw on here. also i would like assistance and ideas on where i should go from where i am the current stock list is as follows
1 Powder Brown Tang ( Loves the algae supply)
1 Foxface
1 Niger Triger (Usually Hiding in the Rocks)
1 Coral Beauty (always swiming in and outta the rockwork)
1 Coral Banded Shrimp (Molting Regulary)
1 Cleaner Shrimp (same as above)
1 Sixline Wrasse
2 Perculla Clowns (Loves to swim into the poweheads Flow)
1 Green Serpent Star (has grown quit Large)
The Downside to this tank being the lighting. I had two power compact 48" lights running on it but over the past year the both have crapped the bed and so has the wallet with heating bills. so in light of an emergency and it being a fish only tank i stole a shop light that i had laying around dropped new bulbs in it and away i have been for the past month while i try to save up for a good light. No mhs cant afford. i will show pics of tank a little later

Im pretty sure 82-85 is too high. The norm is below 80! I found when my algea exploded I just shut the lights off for about two days, algea all gone.

tank a holic

yeah you need to get it to 78 ۫
drop it 2 degrees, wait 2 - 3 days and drop it 2 more till you get there
as for the lights
what you have is fine for a FOWLR, until you get corals and anemone's you don't need expensive lights
don't get me wrong, good lights will help with coralline but you don't need them