Hair

alix2.0

is it green? if yes then its green hair algae (imagine that, lol) and its just a phase that all tanks go through. how old is your tank & what are the parameters? you may be overfeeding or not doing water changes enough.

fenrir

Sounds like hair algea, which is usualy a sign that your phosphates are out of control. What are your tank inhabitants and parameters?

johnnsr

My tank has been up for about 3 months. I have 2 clowns, 2 starfish (sand cleaners), 2 cleaner shrimp, I sand sifting Gobie, 2 large snails. I have a few pieces of coral (yellow polyps, mushrooms).
I have a lot of brown algae that I clean every 3 or 4 days, the hair looks brownish although it may be green.

rtspeed

its hair algea and you need to find the sources, it could be phosphates or over feeding,
By the way 2 star in a nanp is way to much and sifting the sand in a small tank can cause huge problems just fyi.

alix2.0

how big is the tank? if it is smaller than a hundred gallons or so the stars will starve after eating all of your beneficial minrofauna.

johnnsr

It is a 24 gallon aquapod. Do I need to buy this package they seel on here?
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 5
Blueleg Hermit Crab: 5
Turbo/Astrea Snail: 10
Nasssarius Snail: 5
Fighting Conch - Aquacultured: 2
Cleaner Clam: 2

rtspeed

Originally Posted by johnnsr
http:///forum/post/2521011
It is a 24 gallon aquapod. Do I need to buy this package they seel on here?
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 5
Blueleg Hermit Crab: 5
Turbo/Astrea Snail: 10
Nasssarius Snail: 5
Fighting Conch - Aquacultured: 2
Cleaner Clam: 2
I really would not, get the conches as thet eat like mad and the snails will starve, and the cleaner clams are good to have but they die and with them being under the sand they will never be seen and i am not saying that they will make your tank crash but if they both die the will be a ammonina spike.
I tend to stay away from blue leg hermits just for the reason that when they see a snail with a nice shell they tend to kill it for their shell.