half and half wrasses

ttran

whats up fellas , i have some question for all those fish experts. i have a half and half wrasses in my tank for about 2 1/2 months. normally he would pick at the live rock and get a mouth full of sand and spreads the sand all over. last week i noticed that he had some red marks on his face and i noticed that when he dives for the rocks, he is scraping the the side of his face? is this normal of should i be worried. he face looks pretty bad, almost to the bleeding point.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist, please give a description on the type of wrasse that you have . There are many types of wrasses . Be more specific . Ex. what color is it ? etc.

ttran

thats what its called ..... an half and half wrasse. half black and half white with blue eyes.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist, log on to Pet education with Fosters & smith,then log onto fish ,or marine fish species ,and see whether or not your able to ID. your wrasse . It sounds to me that instead of a wrasse ,you might have a Hog fish of some sort . I hope you can identify your fish in that line up. Good luck

spanko

Hemigymnus melapterus

Does not seem that he would be continuing to scrape his face. Maybe Beth or someone can help in the disease forum. Try posting there.

deejeff442

half and half wrasse.
seemed pretty straight foward to me.
+1 to the disease forum beth usually gets back to your question pretty fast.
good luck