Halo3

rbrockm1

Halo 3 is almost here. i can't wait for to get here. the new game is going to be crazy. i didn't play the beta cause i didn't want a lil part of the game it would just make me want more. Also GTA4 it almost here. Tell whos not excited bout this?

rbrockm1

oh yeah i forgot bout halo wars with halo 3 coming out and gta3 i can't wait for all three of them.

saltn00b

i am trying to not get my hopes up too much. from what i have seen so far, it doesnt look like they upped the graphics too much for the new console. they did not add too much as far as weapons and vehicles either. it looks almost like a large mod on halo2...
anyway hope i am pleasantly surprised.

sharkboy13

im prepped for it, got my shirt halo 3 hoodie. now all i need is $70...scratch that, $130, plus the $500 for a dwarf burmese python, any1 got a small fortune to give up?

nigerbang

I have never understood all the hooplah about Halo..Yeah its a good game...Its not the best FPS by no means...I played the Beta (Once they got it up)...Meh, Little different then 2...Better Gphx....Dont get me wrong it was cool..but damn, When I bought Halo2 it was like a madhouse....People were trying to buy it from me outside of EB games..(now Gamestop)
Maybe someone can explain with they think its they best..
I would be more excited about Gears Of War 2 if it was coming out at the same time..

saltn00b

personally i like halo for a few reasons.
the coding behind it is super solid. the game is very smooth and has realistic game play / physics.
the weapons are not rediculous, yet they are futuristic.
the team play on XBL is like no other game. consistantly it has good connections with nice loading times and very little true "glitches". you get your occasional laggy game, but it is obviously from one or more person's connection, and not the game. the layout and thought put into the multiplayer game finding / rooms / freedom in game types is excellent.
i love the story because it is similar to a sci-fi book that was out long before people even had xboxes, called "RingWorld", and other similar sci-fi concepts that have been floating around for years.
the 1st player may not be the best FPS, tho it is great, but the P2P is simply awesome.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by saltn00b
personally i like halo for a few reasons.
the coding behind it is super solid. the game is very smooth and has realistic game play / physics.
the weapons are not rediculous, yet they are futuristic.
the team play on XBL is like no other game. consistantly it has good connections with nice loading times and very little true "glitches". you get your occasional laggy game, but it is obviously from one or more person's connection, and not the game. the layout and thought put into the multiplayer game finding / rooms / freedom in game types is excellent.
i love the story because it is similar to a sci-fi book that was out long before people even had xboxes, called "RingWorld", and other similar sci-fi concepts that have been floating around for years.
the 1st player may not be the best FPS, tho it is great, but the P2P is simply awesome.
Granted on the p2p....Any weapon can beat out any other weapon...
Theres really no BFG..So I understand the multi angle...
People get just as hyped up about Halo as they do New Consoles..

saltn00b

yea the weapons, maybe a little too equalized, and too few choices, but it makes for a great test of situational strategy, which is also fairly realistic.
well if you think about it, halo 1 & 2 have been the "killer app" for the xbox console. so this should be, if it is as good as 2 or better, be the killer app for the 360. Killer app is a term used to describe a game that is so popular, so good in the public's eye that people buy the console just to play that game.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by saltn00b
yea the weapons, maybe a little too equalized, and too few choices, but it makes for a great test of situational strategy, which is also fairly realistic.
well if you think about it, halo 1 & 2 have been the "killer app" for the xbox console. so this should be, if it is as good as 2 or better, be the killer app for the 360. Killer app is a term used to describe a game that is so popular, so good in the public's eye that people buy the console just to play that game.

I am excited about Unreal Tournment 3...
Coming out late on 360 though..I think it is coming out Holiday on PS3 so I guess I will buy it on the PS instead of the 360
I have always been a fan of the UT games above most others...So fast paced..not the typical fps, seems to be more geared to advanced players... IMO

saltn00b

yea UT is a great series, no doubt. same company behind GoW - which isnt my favorite of games... but thats just me.

rbrockm1

Unreal Tournment 3 is coming out for the 360 but in feb of '08. i am looking forward to that game too.

bill109

i dont like it.
it takes no skill at all.
u run around with a utomtic weapon. big whoop.
in 2 u start with a BR and there all akind of weapon glithes including double/quad shot, bxr, fast reload, and etc.
doing this takes skill and practice where h3 there isnt much u can do and its all aim. and itdosent tae much once u get used to it.my budddy and i played the game while the time it was out ang got out to a 30..
the kids tht pla it were awful but we are good lol
i just htink it seperates the men from the boys in halo 2. and h3 not so much
when it comes out, im sure ill buy it cu the new maps are cool. and anyone who dosent buy it is on something..

mike22cha

Halo 3 and Halo Wars look awesome. But I figured it is going to be forever before any store has it in stock so I'm going to save for halo 2. There still are a lot of people who play 2 so that is cool.

bill109

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Halo 3 and Halo Wars look awesome. But I figured it is going to be forever before any store has it in stock so I'm going to save for halo 2. There still are a lot of people who play 2 so that is cool.
halo 2 is huge online still.
if u go to the bungie web site, u can see the millions of games played in a day!