hammer corals dropping a few heads

mscarpena

I have 2 hammer corals one I have had for 4 years the other for 5 years. Started off with 1 and 2 heads now they range from 20-30 heads and were super healthy. I used Reef Crystals, but have heard nothing but good things about Tropic Marin so I changed from -- to TM. I also posted what people are adding when they use TM. With -- I did a 5 gallon water change added my calcium, ALK, molyblend/strontium, and Iodine. Everyone said the molyblend/strontium, and Iodine were not needed. I stopped adding these when I switched salts. I noticed that my coraline algae dropped off the back of my tanks and instead of being bright purple and growing out of control it also turned kind of rusty colored. So then after about 1.5-2 months I noticed my hammer corals had some tissue that was receeding so I started adding molyblend/strontium and Iodine again. They do look better and are opening up more than without it, but they ost a few heads. So last week I switched back to -- and have gone back to my old routine. I lost a few more heads so I am just wondering anything else I can do or test for. Everything is fine as far as calcium(420-450), alk(3.5-3.8), PH(8.4), salinity(1.025), temp(78), nitrates(0 ppm), but I dont have molyblend/strontium test kit or iodine test kit. My --, molyblend/strontium and iodine was working for the last 3 years, but I was trying to get away from adding so many additives. I now realize I should not have changed and can only attribute this to the change. I have other LPS that are 100% fine such as a trumpet, elegance, lobo, frogspawn, and a new torch(2 months old). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also the heads that are falling off are living so I have started to collect them in a cup in my tank. Will these grow a new skeleton?? Thanks.