Hammer help

N

ninjaskillzs

Ok. i was told they dont need to be fed. i have it about halfway up my tank. about 8 inches under 130w pc lights (including legs of light) only other corals are shrooms and gsp and they arent near it. tank is 4 months old after i added it and it just retracted to this and stays like this all day now. at night it bubbles up i guess to feed. any way i can save it?

morval

ya that does nout look good and u can feed it. i give mine mysis shrimp and it deffinatly has gotten bigger faster since i started feeding it

perfectdark

They definatly should be fed, meaty foods along with strong light and the proper levels of trace elements in your tank.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by dborne3
http:///forum/post/2617447
How do feed a torch? Can frogspawn be fed too?
I dont have a torch but based on the similarities in their physical appearance I would assume its the same as a hammer or frogspawn. And yes you can feed frogspawn too. All I do is take my reef food mix it up in some SW suck it up in a turkey baster type utensil, and squirt it into their tenticle close to their mouth. You can see their tenticles retract and pull the particles into their mouths. Well, at least I can when I feed mine.

N

ninjaskillzs

parameters are-
SG-1.026
Amm-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Ca-420pppm
Dkh-12
PH-8.2

jarodw45

Originally Posted by ninjaskillzs
http:///forum/post/2615865

Ok. i was told they dont need to be fed. i have it about halfway up my tank. about 8 inches under 130w pc lights (including legs of light) only other corals are shrooms and gsp and they arent near it. tank is 4 months old after i added it and it just retracted to this and stays like this all day now. at night it bubbles up i guess to feed. any way i can save it?
I would try moving it to a lower part of the tank and low to mid flow rate. I keep mine under pc's in lower to mid part of the tank. I know with mine that if the flow is too high they will not open. I feed mine brine or mysid about one time a week. I keep FS and hammers like this. hope that this helps..