Hammmer Question

fishwish

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n.../octnew138.jpg (The bubble is located in the lower middle of the photo of the coral)
I have had my hammer for about 3 weeks and lately I have noticed that it looks like 2 of the "arms" have blown up into what looks like a single balloon or bubble gum bubble. Is this normal? Is it dying? I would appreciate any help

I have a 55 gallon reef tank set up for 5 months with 50/50 PC's actinic 10,000 K 460nm.
Amonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- 15
Ph- 8.2
calcium-420
salt-1.024
Maroon clown
Bangaii Cardinal
zoas
mushrooms
1 cleaner shrimp
2 fire shrimp
coco worm
feather duster
10 assorted snails
8 hermits

topfins-mj

Don't sweat it, it does that sometimes. What you have there is a branching frogspawn. I have the same one and when it is trying to branch it inflates that much. Just make sure you do not mess with it.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by TopFins-MJ
Don't sweat it, it does that sometimes. What you have there is a branching frogspawn. I have the same one and when it is trying to branch it inflates that much. Just make sure you do not mess with it.
sorry to disagree TopFins but it is definatly not euphyllia divisa (branching frogspawn) it is what the original poster called it Euphyllia parancora (hammer coral).
I do agree TopFinsthat I wouldnt worry about it, unless you see obvious signs of dicoloration that may indicate an infection. I dont see anything in the picture but I cant see it as well as you can.

fishwish

Originally Posted by TopFins-MJ
Thanks TopFins-MJ
I was hoping someone had seen something like that bubble thing before. I'm glad it looks ok to you.

fishwish

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
sorry to disagree TopFins but it is definatly not euphyllia divisa (branching frogspawn) it is what the original poster called it Euphyllia parancora (hammer coral).
I do agree TopFinsthat I wouldnt worry about it, unless you see obvious signs of dicoloration that may indicate an infection. I dont see anything in the picture but I cant see it as well as you can.
Thank you Reefkprz- Now I can sleep tonight.

It looks healthy to eyeball it too.
I KNow I have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!... YOU GUYS!!!