Hang On Protien Skimmers whos got the best??

Im about fed up with my CPR BaxPak2r even with the bulky pre-skimmer it sucks :mad:
well not really because if it actually sucked it would be working!! Are ther any suggestions to a better brand of Hang on Skimmers??

fishgills

Originally posted by New2Saltwater:
<STRONG>Im about fed up with my CPR BaxPak2r even with the bulky pre-skimmer it sucks :mad:
well not really because if it actually sucked it would be working!! Are ther any suggestions to a better brand of Hang on Skimmers??</STRONG>
I don't know about the best, but i have the Remora C hang-on on my 55gallon fish/reef, i put the Maxie-jet 1200 and it works like a champ, best investment i made, its so easy to use, no ajustments to fool with, no worries about overflowing, it works very well, and the remora pro is even more powerful, Good Luck. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for the reply Fishgills ;) for the money the BakPak seemed like a good deal but its just little things that have irritated me. When you say you added the Maxi-jet to your Remora was it a simple add on ?? What actually came with the remora?? Thanks again for the info :)

T

the new guy

New, are you willing to sell your BAK-PAK? If so e-mail me at forkusa@yahoo.com

tangman99

I don't know about the best, but I just ordered a Berlin Turbo Hang On. I researched it for a few days and for the reputation, past posts on this board and price, it seemed like the best buy.
I ordered it online for $209.00 with free shipping. Should be here early next week.
Tangman :D

i also have the remora protine skimmer, and personally i like it, but fishgills, i was wondering which u think is better the maxi jet or the rio(as far as actually skimming), personally about noise i dont care, but about skimming, they work the same??

b_ball12_99

I also need a good hang on for my 75 gallon. I'll look into the ones mentioned in this post. I been looking at a Berlin system, they seem to be rated highly.

broomer5

Hey jay,
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the CPR Bak-Pak2R.
Besides the intank suface pre-skimmer, what else about it is irritating you ??
I run CPR skimmers on all my tanks, and have had pretty good luck with them, including the Bak-Pak2.
Just sort of curious as to what problems you were experiencing - or if you just don't like it ?
Brian

Well Broomer I orderd the BBT pre skimmer to rid my tank of the tiny bubbles the BakPak cranks out by the billion my problems are the same noted often on CPRs page, and after all the same complaints about the rio's on them you think with there newest model they would give you some options or atleast raise the height of the RIO so it actually catches some thing. My LFS had a clearence sale so I got a H.O.T. Mag 250 for $35.50 since my wife was with me and noticed the price difference between the Hotmag and the Remora pro the HOT mag is now on polishing mode as I type. :rolleyes:

risc

I use Red Sea Berlin Turbo HangOns. They aren't any louder than conventional aquarium equipment and work wonderfully.
Jim

bassmaster

I am looking for a good protein skimmer too.
I was looking at the prizm, but I've heard from several people that they are...
"inefficient"
What do ya'll think?

As Ive slowly started purchasing stuff for my next tank set up" salt on sale, stand material" and after going to old posts and just asking other people in LFs My next Hang on Skimmer will be the Remora Pro. My LFS owner when she is nice will match any internet price :D