Hanuma Bay

cunningham

I TOOK MY FAMILY TO WAIKIKI FOR 10 DAYS THIS SUMMER WE SPENT 5 DAYS AT THE BAY.IT WAS GREAT! MY WIFE AND 2 DAUGHTERS HAD A BLAST, BE SURE TO BRING A MASK, FINS, AND SNORKEL, DO NOT TALK YOURSELF OUT OF THAT! MY 9 YEAR OLD WAS AFRAID AT FIRST THEN I WOULD WATCH HER EXPLORE EVERYWHERE (SO COOL)
IF YOU CAN,TRY TO GO TUES -FRIDAY (LESS CROWDED) AND BE SURE TO BE THERE BEFORE 9 AM THE PARKING LOT WILL FILL QUICKLY AND THEY WILL CLOSE THE PARK. BRING A LUNCH AND DRINKS ALSO THEY HAVE A TRAM TO TAKE YOU TO AND FROM THE BEACH ROUND TRIP WILL COST YOU EACH 1.50 TRUST ME THE BEST MONEY YOU WILL SPEND.THE FURTHER OUT YOU GO THE CLEARER THE WATER GETS IF YOU REALLY WANT GREAT PICTURES BRING A BAG OF FROZEN PEAS I WAS HAND FEEDING 14" HUMA HUMA I WILL BE HONEST WITH YOU, IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST TIMES WE HAVE HAD AS A FAMILY.ONE MORE THING WHEN YOU GET ON THE BEACH WALK DOWN ABOUT 3/4 THE WAY DOWN TO GET AWAY FROM EVERYONE

debbie

Thanks for the info. So when you are going down to the beach would you stay to the left or right?
Also about how far out would you say the fish are?

aw2x3

Me and my friends kinda hit the whole reef, but alot of the people were telling us to stay to the right....as you're walking down the pathway, to the beach.
As soon as you get in the water, you're gonna find fish.

cunningham

Originally Posted by Debbie
Thanks for the info. So when you are going down to the beach would you stay to the left or right?
Also about how far out would you say the fish are?

i would stay to the right, far right only because it was less crowded, youll see.There are parrot fish the length of your arm in knee high water
and a lot of big huma huma triggers cruising the shallows and if your going this winter make sure you go to the North Shore if there is a swell, you could see waves to 30ft. and if you go to the north shore be sure to go to Matsumotos hawaiian shave ice, and Giovannis shrimp truck. and in waikiki go to Leonards bakery for Malisadas.

hot883

Originally Posted by Debbie
We plan to just observe the beauty the ocean has to offer and float around looking at everything. The only thing I would love to capture is some underwater pictures, hopefully we will be able to achieve this.
Say what made you move from Hawaii??
I would love to live there, I hate our 4 seasons and at the moment our trip could not come fast enough as we are sitting at a nice chill of -30 with the wind chill folks. Welcome to Canada.....

Debbie, we left to take care of my parents. My dad is very sick (another thread on that one) or we would have never left. We love the Islands. Our son was born there. We lived a block from the beach and could hear the surf at night. Wow; now thats sleeping music there.

debbie

Wow thanks everyone for the great info. I hope to capture some good pictures there. We still have a few weeks to wait and get through Christmas.
Thanks again....