Happy Shark

ac

A picture of my baby Port Jackson. I just moved him to his new 320 gallon home.

ac

Right now he's by him self except for a couple of blue chromas that helped cycle the tank. If thinking of maybe a Snow flake eel. No chiller.

elkhntr

AC where did you get your port jackson? Could you post a pic of the whole tank? How big will he end up getting?

ac

Elkhntr,
There are pictures of the tank on the DIY forum under "It's finally done and running". I purchased the shark from LFS when he was about 8 inches long. I had to put him in a 55 gallon while I was putting this tank together. He's now about 10 inches long and should get about 3 feet long. The tank he's in turned out to be a real project. I build the stand and canopy, and tried to incorporate all of my lessons learned from other tanks I have into this one. The whole project took about 6 months to complete.

elkhntr

AC, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the shark? I would really like to have one. Aren't they pretty hard to find?

ac

The dimensions of the tank are 84X36X24 (LXWXH). The shark cost me $300.00. The store I bought it at originally wanted $425.00, but they wanted to sell it to recover the space it was taking up so they discouted him. I've only seen two port jacksons in this area(Denver), but I've seen several horn sharks. I don't know if they are more available online, I guess you would just have to surf around.

rookie

Anyone looking to purchase a shark I would recommend talking to Novice150 he seems to really know his stuff. Also he has some good connections and can get you a large variety of sharks usually quite a bit cheaper than you could find them anywhere else.
Nick

novice150

AC: Sweet looking shark! That tank looks awesome as well. Since we live so close, we may have to get together one of these days and show off our tanks! :D
Nick: Thanks for the compliment, but I think these guys have it covered.;)