hard algae, eaters

ishtar

What can I add to my tank to eat the hard little green spots of algae on the glass that is slowly taking over. It seems the snails just cant get it.
thanks

F

flashzg

If you get enough turbo snails they will take care of it... They did for me... :yes:

hughes07

''Straight razor blade and 25 mins of your time''
30 minutes
25 minutes of work+5 minutes to look at how good it is when there is no hair algae.

ninjamini

Menican snail. Big sucker. Good with the glass. But there bulldozers. They will knock obver and small rocks.

ishtar

It is not hair algae. I think it is a build up that slowly hardens. I think razor blade it is

clarkiiboi

Either a razor blade (be careful around the corners/seals) or an old credit card and some elbow grease. I found that after I did this if I would give the tank a quick sweep with the magna-float daily it kept it down. The back glass was another story though (LR in the way of the magna-float). HTH.

57chev

55GalGill, has got the right idea for sure, the long spiny urchins are even better than the pin cushin he's displayed. Their cheap, tough as nails(unlike snails), and they like little mowers. Scrape first, and dump in the urchins:happy:

55galgill

i think it all matters on the urchin u buy and what he fancies for dinner.mine is perfect for my tank doesnt touch the coraline algae. but even if he did i heard that by eating it they actually spread the spores around. so long as you have enuff of the coraline you wont run out and it will spread faster.