Hard white spots on glass

captainmj

I have noticed over the last few months small white deposits on the glass on my tank, a scrubber won't hardly scratch or remove these little deposits, don't have a clue what they can be......any ideas? :notsure:

fishy7

I have the same spots on my tank. Mine are from SW that dried on the glass. I really have not tried to get them off because I only see them when I clean the glass. Your spots may be different. :thinking:
Thoughts to remove: glass polisher, vinegar, toothpaste..... These are just suggestions please do more research....

good luck

connor

i have a little bit of those but mine are feather dusters with a hard shell and if you look close you see the feather crown.

fiji_blue

Originally Posted by connor
i have a little bit of those but mine are feather dusters with a hard shell and if you look close you see the feather crown.

What are you talking about?

fishy7

Originally Posted by fiji_blue
I don't think anyone is going to put toothpaste or glass polisher in their tank.
Now that would be just plain stupid to put either one of those chemicals in the tank.......
From the post, it's unclear which side of the glass he is talking, so I assumed it was on the outside. thinking: ..... Hey you are good with criticism how about some suggestions?
Just a thought........

The fish would not have bad breath if you did add this to the tank.

alyssia

What are you talking about?

I think he is talking about spiorbid worms. They are in the hitchiker thread.

pclown

Calcium Depoits. Thats why you should always scrub your glass daily with a magnet cleaner to prevent this.
I agree, but I dont know about scrubing the glass every day. I have the same thing or had the same thing on my back glass but on my front and sides I never had a problem but I scrub my glass about twice a week. I used a putty knife and they are now gone. I have seen this several times.

pclown

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Now that would be just plain stupid to put either one of those chemicals in the tank.......
From the post, it's unclear which side of the glass he is talking, so I assumed it was on the outside. thinking: ..... Hey you are good with criticism how about some suggestions?
Just a thought........

I agree, I hope they were talking about the outside of the glass and not inside the tank.
Please do not do that on the inside of your tank.

fiji_blue

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Just a thought........

I thought it was quite clear that he was talking about inside the tank. I can see the confusion. Sorry about that.

captainmj

Sorry, yes inside the tank, I have used a scrubber on them and have been able to remove some but they are really stuck there. They don't move and have not seem to have multiplied since last water change.

captainmj

PS, user name is misleading, acutally a Captain's wife, could not set up the name I wanted....so I grabbed hubbys :)

T

toungetwster

Use a scrapper with a metal blade; almost like a single edged razor but not near as sharp. I have a long handled scrapper that has interchangeable blades; (plastic and or metal), it works great! BTW you can pickup at most LFS for just a few bucks!

fishy7

I thought it was quite clear that he was talking about inside the tank. I can see the confusion. Sorry about that.

All is cool on this side
.. just an observation looking in the eyes of captainmj.....She is looking for solutions!

chadman

i also have calcium deposits around my glass and on certain rocks....it is not out of control by any means but it is there....if they are not really visually a bother then are they causing any problems within the tank? i mean u can hardly see them...but is something going wrong in my tank to cause this...my calcium levels are fine....

connor

Originally Posted by Thomas712
You sure its not the worms?
thats what i have what are those called??