Hardiest Fish

Ya damsels and clownfish are the hardiest. They are used to cycle a tank many times.Also, there are triggerfish,and groupers.

DEFINTALLY clowns!!!, my true percula clown has endured ick in the tank(with out getting it) rappid tempature changes(my fault as a newbie) to high or to low of a salinity and 2 cycles and is still liveing like nothing ever happend to it, very hardy fish!!

dugan

I'd have to go with damsels and clowns too. My clarkii clown survived every one of my early newbie mistakes and I had her for 4 years.
I've also had pretty good luck with royal grammas.
Katie

you had luck with royal grammas DAMMMM YOUUUUUUUUUU, i love that fish but i never had luck with it, tommrow im gonna be setting up my sump and im gonna give time to settle down, and ill try the fish again

dugan

LOL sorry... I've had 2 grammas and they lived through all the stupid mistakes I made... until I managed to moiderize my whole tank both times.
The last one I had for 2 years. Until my heater went berserk and cooked my tank. :(
Katie

dugan i know what its like about the heaters, my heater in my q tank malfunctioned and my nice new royal gramma was boiling by time morning hit, and to think 25 watts on a 10 gallon tank HA

guppie

Damsels of course, six line, royal gramma, and the hardiest fish I have is my Auriga Butterfly, he has been through a couple of dumb mistakes by me and a heater over heat and come through like a champ, had him for over 2 years. Good Luck

mr. tang

Hands Down, my yellow tail damsel has got to be the hardiest fish I have ever seen. He has survived a cycle, an earthquake, a power outtage and famine.(went on a cruise and person hired to feed him, forgot for 5 days)
He is a tough mutha'! :D :D :D

moruti

How 'bout my snowflake? It survived a famine ( no one fed it at the school during Christmas vacation---2 weeks!), It has survived curious 7th graders trying to tempt it to bite their fingers (especially after the time when we were extcacting DNA from dried peas, & they had dishwashing detergent, meat tenderizer, and rubbing alcohol all over their hands), a power failure that wiped out everything else in the tank (the temperature dropped 20 degrees), and most recently, when i was trying to bag it up to bring it to where i'll be spending the summer, it slithered out of the nets & bag, into the styrofoam box, and then "swam" around on a cloth chair before i could scoop it up again. :rolleyes:

lcc

I believe clowns as far as fish go, but I had an Moray eel and he was hardy. My tank crashed and he came through it like a nothing happened. I have also heard of some people cycling there tanks with eels. I have never tried but the moray I had probably went through worse when my tank crashed.