Hardy Coral

patrick8929

im sure this has been asked a thousand times but.... what is a hardy coral? i know soft corals are prob more hardy then most...but i will be moving into the dorms and i want something that will handle the move okay. i wont get them untill i am in the dorms but i will have to move back home for breaks and im worried about waisting my money.
thanks!

mr.clownfish

xenia is very hardy but it need a little nitrate to survive. i have no nitrate so i add microvert (liquid food) and phytoplex to my tank once every 3-4 days. they are growing and spreading like weed.

patrick8929

thanks for the feed back guys! i got a coral today actually. it was only 15 bucks and i had a mushroom hitch hiker! here ya go let me know what you think

aquaguy24

nice colony..they are called eagle eyes..also looks like u got a purple mushroom or blue stripe shroom as the hitchiker. can't tell untill they fully open...either way they are pretty bullet proof..and spread like crazy...so watch out for that..

aquaguy24

Yeah $15 is great deal. Usually a mixed colony go for more then that. In this hobby prices will vary from place to place. Just as long as u feel it was worth it then that's fine.

bill109

GSP =Green Star polyps seem to be pretty hardy too. the mushrooms seem to be the most bulletproof though.

teresaq

You also got a really bad hitchhiker in there. Take out the sundial snail and check your colony good for more. They will eat them
T
Oh yah, thats a really nice zoo piece. Wish I could find deals like that.

patrick8929

okay im glad i got an id on that snail! thanks a bunch i have had him in a little container cuz i didnt know what he was but i guess he is getting flushed today. and i dont think there are any others i looked at the colony pretty well