harlequin tusk Question

mjtech12

Hi Everyone,
Well I finally Got One these have always been my Favorite Fish He or She Came yesterday I dripped Acclimated it for about 3 Hours and put him into the Display Tank I didn't quarantine him because I had problems with my QT Tank so im taking a big chance but that's not my question so last night my son said he was swimming around but kinda getting beat up by my tang so I looked this morning and he's still alive but hiding my question is do they only come out at night and hide during the day or is it that he's just getting used to the tank.

mr. limpid

They are shy when small and he is new. The picking should stop, in time. If it get to much you may need to rearange the rocks.

mjtech12

Thanks Limpid he looks like he's doing ok, I see him hiding and his fins are wagging good and breathing good

dmanatee

once they get used to their surrounding, don't be surprised if they don't antagonize the anther fish. I know when I had one, I was feeding my lion fish and my H.T wrasse got so excited that it missed the silver slider and bit off the end my lionfishe's (I am going to call it mustache). They get very excited around feeding time.

mjtech12

Came home this morning again and there he was out swimming pretty cool but now he's hiding again but at least he has survived more than days hahaha

ridem32

Very nice fish! I have (2) in the same tank! I have one 6inch Aussie and one 4 inch indo both of mine hide sometimes during the day! They both get alone great and eat most anything they lov pellets! I will post pics later I just joined yesterday and this is my first post !

mjtech12

Hi Ridem32
Welcome to the forum yes mines an Indo and he or she is a hog she actually eats algae strips too where I thought they didn't, all is good now it was getting beat up a little by my yellow tang but now they swim together. Good luck here theres a lot of good people here that post and answer all questions so Post away my friend.

ridem32

Mine eats nori off of the clip also! I'm setting up a 280 gallon now! I have it about half full of water now! My RODI makes about 30 gallons every 3 to 4 hours! I was up late last nite and will be up late agin tonite! I'm in Mississippi where you at? This will make 5 DT for me & I got a 55 gallon QT I have (3) Achilles tangs in one tank so far they all get alone! When I learn to post pics I will post video of them or you can email me at ridem32@aol.com. And I can respond back with pics ! I'm a member of reef central also been a member there about 2 months! My name is Michael hope to hear back from ya!

j8kpin

My harlequin is quite a character. I put him in with my dogface puffer and Humu Humu trigger. He likes to take food from other fish and runs the aquarium. He took the main cave in my live rock structure and he runs the tank.