harlequin tusk

jjspati

Im looking into getting a Harlequin tusk eventually. I have a tiger serpant star,an electric eye scallop, a porcelin crab and feather dusters im worried about. Which of these inverts will this fish go after. Also how hardy is this fish. i see alot of them not looking so well in the LFS's.

lionfish

LionFish says........
Quick and easy answer here. It will absolutely destroy thos inverts. The only one that it might not attack would be the starfish. They can be hard to acclimate to a new tank but almost all of them make it. The only problem is acclimating the fish for the first 2 weeks. If you have a large tank with perfect water quality, it will make it through. Not too much to worry about. Great fish with a great big price tag. But they are great fish.

H

here fishy

they are great fish when kept with fish of their own size or bigger...Mine is in a 125. They will deovour inverts however, so i would not purchase one.....unless you have a fish only tank.....

If you do decide to go with a tusk, IMO it is worth the extra money to get one from australia. the colors are a little better plus they are much hardier than their indonesian counterparts.

makofury

I would get a tusk, but my tank is too small for one, feel lucky that you can actually consider getting one. :) :)