Harry Potter: less than a month!!

ophiura

Less than a month to go until book 6!!! At last, at last!!!!!!
:jumping: :cheer: :jumping:
Anyone else excited?

1968oldsma

er.....I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!lol kidding not really i'm ashamed to say i like the movies....did i say that........

molamola

Ophiura, will you be needing a tank sitter for the month of August while you read this latest installment? :thinking:

ophiura

A month? Are you joking? I'll have that puppy read by the end of July I bet. Hmmm, come to think of it though, I will be needing to get you a birthday present...... :thinking:
I am not ashamed to admit that I am one of those cuh-raaazy people who have read the books over and over and over and over and over. Honestly I've lost count, but I would estimate I've read them all about 4 or 5 times. Moreso the later books (esp 4 & 5). My doctoral advisor of all people gave me the first book to read and bammo, I was hooked.

molamola

So, in your expert opinion, who do you think Rowling will kill off in this next one? I wouldn't mind seeing that oldest Weasley son get the axe...Is his name Percy? I can't remember.

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by MolaMola
So, in your expert opinion, who do you think Rowling will kill off in this next one? I wouldn't mind seeing that oldest Weasley son get the axe...Is his name Percy? I can't remember.

The oldest Weasley son is actually the one that care for Dragons _ Percy is the jerk that disowned his family when they felt that he who must not be named came back and he didnt believe him.
I personally think that the next person to get it may be on of the children in the school that is close to Harry. I do not think it will be Ron or Hermonie but a character that is just as big like Nevil.
I also love the books, and will have mine on my door on July 16th from Amazon - I have also read them way more then I care to mention

ophiura

Right, Bill and Charlie - Bill is a curse breaker for Gringotts and Charlie works with Dragons in Romania. Then Percy, then Fred/George, then Ron, then Ginny.
I think the Neville idea is an interesting one indeed. Neville is brought in in book 5 as a more significant character, and we learn a lot about his family connections and history, etc. He clearly is given more importance in book 5, and it would not surprise me at all if he dies. He is empowered and definitely becomes "braver" but still not at the level of being able to "win" against more powerful wizards as he does not have the "old magic" protecting Harry (his mother dying for him). I was stunned, though, by Sirius' death so we'll see.
The question I have is "who is the half blood prince?" and it is not Harry or Voldemort.
I just can't wait. I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

annanymous

i dont know how you guys will be reading it all the way until the end of july. i wont sleep till i finih that baby once ill get my hands on it...
who do you reckon is the half-blooded prince? huh?

annanymous

or hagrid...well come to think of it most of the characters are 1/2 blooded
all we know so far is that its not harry or voldermort

birdy

I am also quite addicted and have read the first books mulitple times! I cannot wait for the next one to come out and more than likely I will read it all in one sitting, I am not able to put most books down including the Harry Potter books, and they are so easy to read it will probably be a couple days (and late nights) of serious reading.

mandysam

I can't wait either. I love all of the Harry Potter books and the movies (the last one was the best by far). I have pre ordered the book as well and I am so excited!!!! I got hooked when a friend was reading them and I asked to borrow her books. I soon bought all the books meself and have read them several times. My fiance has even read them although he won't admit it it anyone else!!!

tigerlover

oh boy, I can't wait.... that book won't last a day with me, I'll read it like 5x in a row :happy:

Hmm....... I wonder whos gonna die too...but I kinda hope it's not neville, he's kinda cool, definitely not one of the 3 main ones, though
I'd like to see Percy snuff it too, or that Umbridge woman, better yet, or Fudge, or Voldemort (oops, did i say that :needhelp: :help:
) :scared: hmm, how about Trelawny(nah, she has her advantages)?

molamola

Maybe Percy will kill one of his parents or vise versa...toss in a family loyalty vs. power struggle type of thing. I love ethical dilemas.

ophiura

I've read that there will be a new minister of magic in this book. Which would make sense. Fudge couldn't last after denying the return of "he who must not be named" for so long. I think that it must be someone critical who dies, as the stories are getting darker. If it was a marginal character that wouldn't make such an impact. Personally I think it is someone even more significant than Sirius was ....who was in turn far more significant than Cedric. Something to indicate that it is a war...an escalation. Hagrid? Arthur Weasley? Maybe even Dumbledore??
Found this site and it is quite good:
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html

tigerlover

I think it'd be good for the stories to turn a bit more to a romance, I think Harry and Hermione would be cool for a fling, but it'll probably be Ron and Hermione if anything, but I dunno, Cho Chang could have been foreshadowing when she talked about Harry and Hermione together. Since they are all getting older, it would be unnatural not to include some romance, even though some younger ages read it.

molamola

Ah, the romance thing could really screw things up. Perhaps Hermione will hook up with Harry, much to Ron's dismay, thus killing their friendship and Ron will go to the dark side (oh wait, the dark side is Star Wars). Yes, Ron could become a misguided soul that is easily manipulated by evildoers.
I can't wait to come back to this thread at the end of July and see how far off we are :yes:
The only sad thing about waiting for the next book is knowing that it, like all the rest has a final page and then we're all back to waiting again

tigerlover

ah but you see there enlies drama and action waiting to happen, and the bonds of friendship, streched so thin, shown to be tough as steel in the end.