Harry Potter: less than a month!!

molamola

Perhaps Ron will die, trying to protect his truest love Hermione and his greatest friend, Harry from harm... :yes:

tigerlover

Yes, perhaps, but i doubt she will kill off such a character. But Jk does seem to like that kind of thing, like with Neville in the first book. Ron and Neville aren't quite as daring, brave, or intelligent as Harry and Hermione, but that sort of loyalty that leads to bravery is quite dramatic and desirable in action, esp. if you find out later that Hermione was in love with him too...

nyyankeees

Like millions of others... counting down the days. Book 4 was my favorite so far. I hope they do it justice in the movie, the Azkahban movie was kinda boring.

ericp2311

I'll bet Hagrid is the Half-Blood Prince! JKR has said that the latest book and book two are closely related. I can't wait until HBP comes out! I'm going to take a few days off.
Eric

ophiura

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
Like millions of others... counting down the days. Book 4 was my favorite so far. I hope they do it justice in the movie, the Azkahban movie was kinda boring.
I found that for those people who DIDN"T read the book, 3 was their favorite movie, but if you did, it was the least favorite or at least not THE fav movie. For me though the books are infinitely better than the movie. My Mom didn't even watch the whole first movie - turned it off - but I got her hooked big time on the books :yes:
And I really look forward to the movie for the goblet of fire - but I am worried a bit too. When is that being released, anyone know?

annanymous

how come this producer is making all the boys in the movie have kinda long jair..whats he got for hair in guys???
that trailer doesn't really show much of anything, hopefully they will come up with something better before the movie comes out

R

rei511

i'm such a harry potter freak that i asked for july 16 and 17 off so i could read the book! for book five i had my boyfriend stand in line at wal-mart at midnight for it because i had to work. (he was such a sweetie and got there at 10pm to have a good place in line. he was #3) i'll be at the book store at midnight to pick it up this time too! anyway, i think i've read them at least 4-5 times and seen the movies ummm.... :thinking: humm :thinking: a million? lol
as far as who's gonna die...i dunno. i know it can't be neville. he's far too important of a character.. if you remember in book five harry hands the prophecy to neville (chapter 35) and he does NOT go crazy. he just puts it in his pocket. humm......
if you read the ultimmate unofficial guide to the mysteries of harry potter it gives you alot of things to look for. jk's little subtle hints...the only problem is this book only talks about books 1-4. it's fun to see her little clues.
well i guess this message board will be shut down for a few days because we will all be reading #6 :hilarious i'm soooo excited i can't stand myself! :joy: :joy: :joy: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

ophiura

Originally Posted by rei511
as far as who's gonna die...i dunno. i know it can't be neville. he's far too important of a character.. if you remember in book five harry hands the prophecy to neville (chapter 35) and he does NOT go crazy. he just puts it in his pocket. humm......
OH MY GOSH I never even thought of that!!!! How did I miss that?!?!?! Man, that opens up a whole can of worms. I remember that there was confusion over whether it was Harry or Neville as both possibly fit the prophesy. Yup, gonna have to at least read book 5 prior to the release, AGAIN (will be the second time this year).

nw2sltfsh

I thought Neville dropped the phophesy and during the fight "he who must not be named" did not hear it - Harry only heard it through the pensive with dumbeldore
Now I need to go back and read it again!

I have been thinking alot about the who is gonna die and came up with several theories
Here are my predicitions:
1) I think the death may actually be Aunt Petunia - because Harry is safe as long as he is under the roof of a blood relative so I think the death will allow the deatheaters to get close to Harry when he is not at the protection of school - dont forget the howler that said "remember my last"
2) I also think we will find that Aunt Petunia is a squib - I think Harry is full blood not half blood as assumed
3) I dont think Sirus is actually realy dead - we truly dont know what is behind the curtain so it is possible while he may be gone he is not dead
4) I think Snape will die - I thnk the deatheaters will find him to be a traitor
5) I do believe there will be romance and I do believe it will be Ron and Hermonie
And I believe that I truly and way more excited about this book coming out then my kids are - kinda sad really

scotts

Susan you are just waaaayyy tooo cuuute. :) It sounds like I am in the minority because I did not like book 5. There was too much and anger in it for me. But I guess thikning about the story it was a good story. I know the second, or maybe the third, time I read it I kind of skipped over Harry yelling all the time. Maybe I am just too sensitive and a wimp. :thinking:
Scott

ophiura

No, I remember reading it (and discusing it with Molamola) that it was a very different and darker book and at first it wasn't extremely pleasing at all. You really get the impression that it isn't happy little Harry Potter solves another problem this year book... It took a bit of time to deal with, he wasn't the character I expected in the beginning. It was like "who is this guy?"
I am way too cute though.

NW2 -
He did drop it, but he was able to hold it, and wasn't that the whole issue why Harry had to be lured there ...BUT now that I think about it the Deatheaters were trying to get him to give it to them so maybe you just couldn't take it off the shelf unless it was about you but you could hold it once it was removed? (some security :rolleyes: :D ) :notsure: Yes, maybe that is it. Still, worth reading it again, yes indeed.
The whole Aunt Petunia thing though - your spot on with that. Man, I never really talked to people about this whole thing. Yes, I sense SEVERAL additional threads on this coming up in the next month (because if you haven't read it by this time next month, I mean really, can you call yourself a fan?)

molamola

I just assumed Harry's hostility in the last book was a delayed puberty of some sort. I thought I would get away with only reading it once, but now this conversation is going to force me to go back and read it again and I am not a fast reader, as I annalyze the style of writing more than the plot. This is going to take forever!

ericp2311

Good idea about Petunia...makes sense that shw would be a squib. I'll bet that Snape is a vampire! Lupin hinted at it in book three. Has anyone been to JKRs website? I know wew aren't supposed to link here, so it's her name followed by .com. She fills in a lot of interesting details about various characters/backstory. Chack it out!

R

rei511

NW2SLTFSH said:
1) I think the death may actually be Aunt Petunia - because Harry is safe as long as he is under the roof of a blood relative so I think the death will allow the deatheaters to get close to Harry when he is not at the protection of school - dont forget the howler that said "remember my last"
don't forget dudley is still his blood realitive....so he can stay at the dursley's

ericp2311

An interesting point about "remember my last"
This implies that there were multiple letters exchanged between Petunia and Dumbledore. Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

nw2sltfsh

rei511 said:
Originally Posted by NW2SLTFSH
don't forget dudley is still his blood realitive....so he can stay at the dursley's

Maybe dudley is adopted --- besides he is only there becuase Petunia wont let him leave

tigerlover

It does make sense that petunia might be a squib, in some ways, but think about all the times lily was called a mudblood, and didn't deny it. Maybe petunia is just plain jelous. Dudley looks waaaay too much like Vernon to be adopted. And dumbledore is a possibility for death, but come on now, once someone has come so close to death that many times, you'll never buy it when they go.
I don't think Sirius will come back, it was way to legit and thorough, even to dumbledore.
Also, anyone could hold the prophecy once harry picked it up, even the death eaters could, as was said in the book, so Neville is not as important as would be thought, but death is unlikely for him.