Hartford/Springfield peeps

renogaw

if anyone wants to go in on an order let from here let me know, i don't really want to go overboard on multiple fish/inverts. I'm looking to get an order in by may.

b0bby1

not to get off topic, but are ther any reef clubs around us to buy frags from that are cheap. my stores a little to pricey, but thers nice stuff ther

renogaw

nothing that i've found. lfs near me sells aquacultured frags for under 40, or live caught (i'm assuming) anywhere from 40-160

renogaw

i've tried aqua dreams, coral reef, emmons, silver lane, the one in wethersfield next to bed/bath/beyond, and the one in rocky hill near the old ames building.
so far, the best selection is at aquadreams, most knowledgeable people at coral reef, best pricing at rocky hill, worst luck (fish death wise) emmons. silver lane had decent selection, but priced worse than aquadreams, and the one in wethersfield that had "an expanded saltwater setup" had 3 fish in it. the one over in manchester near raymore/flannigan was probably the most expensive store i've ever seen.

renogaw

Originally Posted by gixxer54
where is aqua dreams? and the corral reef? that one is in southwick right? is it on rt202?
aquadreams is in feeding hills center across from the sunoco and pride stations.
coral reef is on 202 yes

renogaw

np :) I think there's a big one over near the Home Depot in wilbraham/springfield on boston road, but i drove by it once and couldn't find it again.
my wife's screwing with my head i think (imagine that...) and saying i should do what i think i should do regarding spending more money this month on the fish tank (i'm already over budget), so i will probably not order anything until may if anyone's interested at all.

gixxer54

funny you say that.. i deliver for the home depot... theres two over that direction.. fish frenzy in indian orchard.. and james tropical fish on page blvd(rt 20 east) and berkshire rd. yea.. im waiting to get some money together to get some stuff.... i got my tank, stand, filters.. now i gotta save up for the live rock, and sand/live sand , and water... this guy on e bay i saw sells the live rock uncured for 2.25 a pound. the lfs sells ic cured for 9.99 a pound... huge difference cuz im probably gonna need at least 100 pounds... seems kinda tough to come up with that much right off the bat for rock.. then the sand, and r.o. water. just have to do a little at a time right now.i have a laptop up on craigslist for sale, so hoopefully that sells, and i will get some rock and sand... so i can get it cycling.

renogaw

there's someone in somers CT selling his rock and sand to break down a tank, may want to look into that (in the classified section here), plus others. I'd be wary of the big auction site sellers.. you probably would have to pay freight. I ended up buying 2 boxes of LR from aquadreams, and while i paid about 7 a lb, i love it. the life and coralline algae was amazing.

bill109

so figured id bring it back
you guys mentioned exotic pets on silver lane?
i have been there for fw and i havent looked at sw. i got my 90 gallon there for xmas.
so what are they like?
thanx
-bill109

renogaw

haven't been there in a while, but they had a decent supply. the help just was way too indifferent IMO

bill109

renogaw,
if you go to aquadreams go to the back and check out the tank with the corals for sale init that is near the door. they have a clown that is deformed. they cal him cleft lol
not only is his bottom jaw/ lip deformed but he dosent have a tail...
it sounds mean to talk bout him like this i guees but it is a really neat clown. he almost looks like a betta fish
-bill109

allterr

Wow...you guys just brought back some old memories for me....I moved down to FL from E. Longmeadow in 1981.....Still have many friends there