HAS ANYBODY SEEN A "GEM TANG or BLACK TANG" WITH THIER OWN EYES??

alyssia

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Holy Smoke $3000,, but it looks AMAZING!!,, one day, one day!

Cool, the only ones I have seen are on the internet.

viper_930

One of my LFS has a 5" true black tang in their display (old pic below), and another one of my former LFS had one about 8". Too bad only the youngers look good. After they grow up they get an ugly white line along the base of their dorsal fin.

viper_930

Originally Posted by engineer
I believe the black tang and the Gem tangs are two different fish.
Correct, black tangs (Zebrasoma rostratum) are all black and cost about 1/10 the price of gems (Zebrasoma gemmatum), which are spotted with a yellow tail.

xdave

I see why they're rare. They come from one little spot that isn't exactly a popular spot for ornamental fishing.

arandacole

I just saw a Black Tang yesterday. It was in the sick tank at my fish store.
I had no idea if there was even such a thing as a Black Tang so I asked (sheepish grin) if it was purple before it got sick (sometimes I even amaze myself) LOL!
Love,
A

N

nereef

yellows, purples, and sailfins, look better anyway. i've never seen one personally, so maybe the pictures i've seen don't do them justice.
i'd either go with a different Zebrasoma fish or a black pygmy angel, Centropyge nox.

S

supermanvx

i like black tangs..they are pretty cool, but what do you mean, their own eyes?

the sherm

Originally Posted by supermanvx
PUT A SHIRT ON THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM THATS DISGUSTING NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT LOL
PS STEROIDS SHRINK YOUR PEE PEE

N

nereef

Originally Posted by supermanvx
the thread starter used a "dangling modifier." it would have been better to say, "has anybody with their own eyes seen a black or a gem tang?

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by the sherm
PUT A SHIRT ON THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM THATS DISGUSTING NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT LOL
PS STEROIDS SHRINK YOUR PEE PEE
sorry your jealous. an no dont take steroids. but thanks for asking

S

supermanvx

Originally Posted by NEreef
the thread starter used a "dangling modifier." it would have been better to say, "has anybody with their own eyes seen a black or a gem tang?
ahhh, got it