Has anyone ever been turned down as a friend on facebook?

salt life

I don't do the whole facebook thing but im pretty sure that person will get over it.. your not being mean and saying something to them, your just hitting "decline". But if they don't then, sad day.

mboswell1982

i think its like what happens on myspace, not sure though, ive got a facebook, but havent been on it in months LOL

alyssia

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/2939794
I don't do the whole facebook thing but im pretty sure that person will get over it.. your not being mean and saying something to them, your just hitting "decline". But if they don't then, sad day.
No...I mean, will they get a message from facebook or what?

salt life

I'm not sure, I don't have one, but I doubt it would do that, when you send an invite or get one doesn't it go to like a page or something where you can view who wants to be your friend and then you can either accept or decline? I think they can look at the list and if you decline, you won't be on their list anymore.

reefforbrains

So you thought you would avoid hurting thier feelings by making a thread about it for all to read?
Also something to think about. If you dont want to have them as a friend then who cares about thier feelings?

pumper

No, they will not be notified. The only way they will be able to tell is when they try to visit your profile and not have access.

alyssia

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
http:///forum/post/2939934
So you thought you would avoid hurting thier feelings by making a thread about it for all to read?
Also something to think about. If you dont want to have them as a friend then who cares about thier feelings?
Well it's not like this person knows I posted this thread. It's not someone from this forum

yearofthenick

If someone requests you as a friend and you deny that person, they will not receive any form of notification. On facebook, people cannot even see pending friend requests unless they search for you and attempt to request you again.
If you deny someone, it's completely anonymous to the sender. They'd have to do some research to find it out.

shogun323

I turn down people from time to time. When you do it they do NOT receive any kind of notification. For all they know you havent been online to see the request.

petjunkie

I just ignore all the people that added me that I don't like. Don't know why the heck they think we are friends if I haven't seen or talked to them in a bazillion years or didn't like them in school anyways.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by petjunkie
http:///forum/post/2941053
I just ignore all the people that added me that I don't like. Don't know why the heck they think we are friends if I haven't seen or talked to them in a bazillion years or didn't like them in school anyways.
Some people see it differently. The standard for what I consider a friend is really lowered when I get on facebook. What bad could come from adding someone? The worst that could happen? If you think that they will annoy the crap out of you, if they are enemies, or if they are silly little hackers, then don't add them. Otherwise, no harm will come in adding someone that you don't consider yourself friends with.

petjunkie

LOL! Maybe it is better to just ignore the request then so they can't try again. And my ignoring list is two girls that I couldn't stand and wasn't friends with in high school, a girl that lived down the street from me when I was like 10 and moved out of town, my only memory of her is that she stole crap from me and some stupid desperate guy that asks me out every time he sees me. He's a loser and I've been with the same guy for 6 years now, it's not happening. I just don't see the point in adding people I have zero desire to interact with.

richmond98

No they will not get a message stating that they have been denied....also if you delete one of the people off your list they do not get notified either...so your good to go with that black ball!!!