Has anyone ever had an octopus?

nicky1.8t

acording to my book i have the blue ring octo can kill a person in a matter of minutes you have to be on a resperator for like 72 as said above to live. and all this is from something about the size of a golfball.

fish boy

Sheree are you sure that is not a toad fish it looks just like one and are very commmon off south carliona do you have more pics from that one it dosent look like a stone fish

tru conch

the blue ring isnt the most venemonus, the box or wasp jelly fish is. they both come from the same area, austraila though.
not to be a jerk, but that looks more like a toadfish than a stonefish. all the stones ive seen (in the wild) have a more round instead of flat face. take a close look at the dorsal spines, see if you can actually see the posionous spines exposed, stones will have them visible.

gatorcsm

Originally posted by Aceiswild7
... not sure if it escaped...

Do you live near the ocean..? Maybe it called a cab, or hitchiked?
:)
I just thought that was a funny way to put it... :)

clarkiiboi

At a LFS (that I do not buy from or trust) they had a stonefish in their DT, but it was always burried in the sand and never seen anything but a "rock" laying there. That said, one of the employees got stung and went to the ER, not sure of the details. Anyways, from what I have learned these are an illegal species to sell/trade. How much truth to it I am not sure.

C

coankas

where could i purchase a octopus, i live in alabama so prolly not many places. How much do they usually cost?

sandman12

that might be a toad fish, let it bit u and tell us if it hurts or u die. hehehe j/k

my lfs had a stone fish and it look about the same as urs. but alot smaller

grently348

octopi are neat, they can escape out of a 1 inch opening and they cannt be kept with any other fish. dont know how wise of a purchase it is but they are cool.

norcal420

I know that the box jellyfish is not that venemous. I grew up in Hawaii and have been stung before and it hurts like a mother !@#! but it isnt lethal unless it is a baby that is stung multiple times.