Has anyone tried P90X?

My friend gave me the 13 DVD set and nutrition guide for free, so I figured I'd give it a whirl!
Anyone tried and/or had success with it yet?

I use it along side with going to the gym. It is an amazing way to burn calories. The plyometrics will absolutely kill you. The cool thing is it is all stuff you can do at home. I know for a fact you can lose weight and build some muscle with it. I do believe in it and do it 5 days a week, I go do more weight training 2 days a week when I'm not training. As with any other work out you just have to be dedicated and push through some pain. But I think the exercises are very well thought out and effective.

Oh and it's a fast paced work out a lot of reps and different exercises in a hour, that makes it fun to me. Just cause it's on a DVD does not make this work out a joke a promise. The ab ripper is also very good.

stdreb27

I haven't personally used it, but I'd recommend it. (Especially since you bake cupcakes all day) It looked like a great workout.

mrdc

I have gone almost through the program twice. I just start getting bored with it towards the end of the program. It will do amazing things for your cardio especially the plyometrics. I almost threw up the first day I did it but it gets easier. From time to time, I will take a P90 worksheet with me to the gym and do it for that day's workout. I also have the insanity workout series which is also insane. I just got tired of running and playing bball all the time so I wanted to get my cardio in other ways. If you want the P90x workout sheets (pdf format) for printing, send me your email and I will send them to you.
Also, what sort of equipment to you have? You will need some weights or bands (I prefer weights). You will also need a pull up bar which can be gotten for about $20.

jackri

On week 3 1/2 -- love it. They plyometrics will kick you in the ass at first but they are modifications to all the moves and when it comes down it it -- you can only do what you can do and improve as the weeks go by. NEED a pull up bar and weights or the bands -- i prefer the dumbells personally but I already had those too.
In 3 1/2 weeks I can tell a lot of tightening has gone on -- I'm not looking to loose weight but dropped 5lbs already.