Has anyone used one of these yet??

enomadra

First. HAPPY NEW YEARS:cheer:
The Wave2K
I just wanted to check and see if ayone has used one of these yet and if so, do they like it or dislike it? I have a 55 gallon 48 X 12 X 20 that I want to get some sort of wave device for and I just happend to run accross this one. I thought it sounded pretty impressive but you never know. If someone does have one out their, does it really make a wave across the top of the tank?
You can find what I am talking about by doing a search on the web for "Wave2K"

soupysteve

Looks very cool, but I figure that someone could build one themselves that does just as good for MUCH cheaper (not saying I could).

cprdnick

I've been wondering the same thing about it for a while. I just did a search on it, and it seems there there are people like us on every message board that wants to know about it and not getting any answers. If the manufacturer would make a video like the makers of the SQWD, they might sell more of these gizmos. Or maybe that's why they haven't made an operational video. If I had the money I'd buy one just to see how well it works.

keltic

Looking at the pics and description, you should be able to make one yourself way cheaper than their price. The only part I see as being slightly difficult to find is the "reversing" screw that is inside. By that I mean the screw similar to what you see on say a bait casting fishing reel that causes the line loop to move back and forth. If you know anyone good at maching it would be very easy to make one. Other than that the actual contraption is basically a box with a few holes. I am 99.9% sure of exactly how it's made. If you want further elaboration. let me know.