has anyone used Skilter 250 Power Filter ????

smallfry

I was wondering if anyone ever used one of these . it is a HOB filter with a built in skimmer.
????
:notsure:

20gallon

Using one in my 20 gallon currently, been a few months with it & it is working nice. Skimmer works well!! I'm actually quite impressed with how it's working so far.

kevin j

Yeah dont buy one the skimmer part doesnt work. So that makes it a very expensive hang on filter.
kevin

20gallon

Like I said mine works great & for $25-$40 it makes for one heckuva price as a small tank skimmer, not an overpriced filter, but like anyone Kevin is entitled to his opinion.

natclanwy

Never could get mine to work well was really noisy and when it did create foam it was really wet. I added an air stone to the bottom of the tube and now it seems to work okay.

atmosfear

I added wood stone to the bottom of mine to worked better. But just using for hang on filter now because already had it. To get more water flow and filter debris.

stanlalee

I use it just for filtration and something to place activated carbon cartridges in. I dont use the skimmer part at all mainly because its too loud and puts too many bubbles in the tank. I have a 30 gallon and the skimmer did produce foam when I used it, not a whole lot but I guess some is better than none. The noise is downright annoying! and so are the amount of bubbles. used as a filter only it doesn't make noise or put bubbles in the tank.

miked0523

Skilters are not very good The skimmer is extremly noisy and they have no place for nitifing bacteria to grow in it . THUMBS DOWN you would be better off with a small canister or a bio wheel along with a sea clone hang on skimmer even though sea clone is not the greatest either.