has anyone?

dazed2040

has anyone ever bought lighting from hellolights? They seem to have some of the best prices around but I'm just wondering how their products are.

scsinet

The company is good.
The products... well I guess it depends on what you buy. I've been happy so far...

dazed2040

I am looking at the 48" Aqualight T-5 - Double Linear Strip. what do you recommend for a 150gal a double or a quad.

05xrunner

yep they have the killer deal going..I bought the 24" 4bulb T5Ho unit for 100bucks.
They had a 48" 8bulb as well for 170..but that and the 24" sold out
they still have the 48" 4bulb unit for 150

jlm48

Just bought a MH bulb from them tonight and have used them many times in the past. I recommended them!

dazed2040

I want to change form compact florescent to T5, the bulbs are cheaper and the tank just looks better. Is there any other advantages to T5's over Compact?

jlm48

My opinion is, and I"m probably wrong, is that they are both fluorescent bulbs and basically the same when it comes to results. While they have some minor differences they have similar characteristics and limitations when it comes to the sea creatures and what they get out of it. IMO to really break out you need to go to metal halides. I tried PC and VHO and did not see a difference between the two. When I took the plunge and bought some MHs I noticed a difference immediately. Simply put, there is no replacement or substitute for MHs. I will only use PCs or the like to augment my MHs. Thats just me....