Has Saltwaterfish.com become part of your everyday life?

ryebread

I never really thought that I would stick around on this message board.
I hadn't ever participated in message boards before SWF.com and I didn't really know what they were all about. I simply came here from a Google link looking for help for my sick Coral Beauty. Little did I know that I would be checking in on a daily basis.......let's face it........several times a day if I can. :D Not to mention did I ever think I would moderate this site......I didn't even know what the heck a moderator was. ;)
What I am really getting at is that I am amazed at the fact that this online community has become a virtual hang-out spot for me. I talk to my wife about things that people say on SWF.com as if it just happened at work today. :p
Have any of you seen SWF.com leak into your everyday lives? It is part of me now and I am very proud to be moderator here. Many of you have shown me how to be a better person and I find that marvelous. I have actually noticed myself dealing with real-life situations in a "flame-free" manner that I might not have known before.
I am glad to know all of you and I hope to learn a lot more from you. Thanks. :)

karajay

Oh Yeah... I'm here every day.
I came here because my porky puffer, Smiley, passed on. Still never figured out what got him. However, coming here will go a long way in preventing another loss.
Thanks everybody! :)

dburr

Yeah, my wife just doesn't understand why I log in for over an hour everyday(almost).
If I dare mention her site....... oops, here she comes. :eek:

squidd

Ya I probably spend too much time here...
My wife says "Tell your Fish Friends 'HI' from your WIFE
":mad: (emphasis hers)
I think I'd better get off now...:eek:
:cool:

kelly

I used to be here more often than not, but now I just visit every day or 2. I usually enjoy most of the posts, although every once in a while one goes astray.
I never thought a grown adult (have you ever been called that before RyeBread?) would proudly post his picture wearing Sponge Bob attire. ;)
This is one of 3 online forums I visit. The other 2 have to do with search engine optimization, but I do have to admit, this one is better, atleast I enjoy the pics.
Best wishes, and thanks to all my friends, especially NM Reef.

kreach

Oh definitely! I check in on this site at least once a day, every day... particularly when it's slow at work. ;) And my husband and I frequently talk about things he or I read on the board...
This messageboard and the people here have been VERY helpful and informative. I still consider myself a newbie to this hobby and I still have a LOT to learn... but I feel like I have learned more in the months I have been coming here than I did in the all rest of the time I've had a tank combined. You guys are great!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Definately NOT! I pay someone else to be here everyday just so I can say I'm not additcted to SWF.com. :p

I visit this and a few other SWF (my secondary hobby) BB's as often as I can, but not every day. My equine (primary hobby and passion in life) BB's are visited and heavily posted on daily. I also frequent a BB dedicated to trauma/critical care personnel and a few others on peripheral interests of mine.

scott v

;)
Lets see.
Was given my tank and picked it up on Friday... and been on this website about 8hrs each day since.
I'll say... YES. Did I get it, did I win the prize?
ding ding tell him what hes won!:p

nicky1.8t

i visit this site multiple times a day mainly in the reef forum i do often check the other forums i like the photography one aswell i love the pics of this hobby. ide say this is part of my life since i have not been a member for that long and i just hit 500 posts yesterday im half way to 1k i cant wait to name my self .

tyr-sog

I visit this site almost daily. One problem I found is with anywhere from 500-800 people surfing this board at anyone given time, there doesn't seem to be that much feedback. Sometimes you need a quick answer but it takes awhile. Strange being with that many members on at once. Ohwell, still a great site.:)

birdy

Well I have been a member for quite a while since 2001 I think, but it was recently when I was on bedrest (for 4months, yikes!) before my twins were born that I really got hooked, I really think that having this board (and a few others I post on) helped me stay on bedrest and carry my beautiful children full term and I thank everyone for occupying my time and my mind (4 months on a couch will make anyone crazy). And in the process I have a beautiful tank that gives a break from those same kids.

karajay

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog
...there doesn't seem to be that much feedback

Maybe nobody else knows either :D

S

sebae0

it has become part of my daily routine, just to learn and to also help maybe, but i hit it atleast once aday or i go thru withdrawls.