Have a problem with Torch coral need help

hifi

Hey all, I have just recived my new torch coral the other day (I think Wed) its about 1-2" away from my hammer carol & was doing good. Just about 1 hour ago I did my nomal water change of 12g. Once I was all finished & retuned my skimmer & I checked all fish & corals & found the side of the torch closest to the hammer was ozing brown stringy stuff out of one branch & it was deflated, the rest of the torch is normal & everything else is fine in the tank is fine???? Im not new at this but I never seen this befor, does anyone know whats happening? I also moved the torch away from the hammer but Im positive the hammer & torch are fine together.... Im stumped please responed if you can help.

brainrush

Sounds to me like it was pooping. Many people get scared the first time they see a torch coral "releaving itself." Brain Corals are also famous for causing a new owner a little panic when they first see it poop.

hifi

Ya know I didn't even think of that, come to think of it my sebae anemone does the same thing!!!!!! I just got worried because of it being close to the hammer & I just did a water change. Its back to normal now, I guess maybe I scared the poop out of it

Thanks BrainRush