have a shark question......

yellowtail

1).
what sharks that actually SWIM around and not sit on the bottom that can be kept in a home aquarium?
2.)what size tank does a black tip need?

rookie

300+ for sure. The smallest tank I have seen a black tip in was a 700 gal. You should start with something smaller and easier to take care of like a bamboo or less active shark speics
Get the book
Nick

marineguy1

you can also try a smoothhound, leapard sharks, or a nurse shark, theres also bonnet heads those r awesome sharks, but they would need a pretty nice size tank.
That book is a great book.

flatzboy

I would say tthousands because I've seen them and caughten a few anywhere from 1ft. to about 9ft.

fshhub

definitely 1000s of gallons, for the black tips
the book is not bad, but i dont exactly agree with it much. Isn't he the one who says you can keep an epaulette in a 75 gallon?
novice did one and it is beautiful. but could be larger.
as far as types, that all depends on the particular tank. some homes have 75 or smallers and a few have much larger tanks. also the amount and arrangement of live rock.....
hth

fshhub

i realy hope you are kidding too, and the 2000 may be goood enough temporarlily but not long term.

hardasaroc

yea whats the big deal hes only 2 feet and a vicious eater
ill get pics up A.S.A.P.
P.S. its only him and a 3 feet green moray.

sharkguy1

Hes only two feet??!! You dont have a black tip in a 75. a real small juvenile one would not last in a 75 for long. I hope your joking becuase that is disgraceful. He probly can barly turn around. ANd to say hes only 2ft with a 3ft green moray. I d like to see a photo to really see if you do. THat is terrble.

hardasaroc

jeez people he fine whats the big deal. his nose is kinda scratched up but other than that hes ok ive had him for about 2 months and hes eatin and gettin along great with the moray. im tryin to get my friends camera but he wont let me so ill keep trying.
P.S. why are all yall hatin on a poor little black man?