Have AquticLife T5 light... White/Blue. Really want blue LED shimmer.... Suggestions on what to add?

A

alanjess

Have AquaticLife T5 light... White/Blue. Really want blue LED shimmer.... Suggestions on what to add? Money is definitely an object unfortunately, due to my student budget.
I do have the original freshwater florescent light ballast which came with the 29 gal tank, and was thinking about some type of DIY led project to install LED's into the the housing. I basically just want to be able to turn it on occasionally, and have blue LED's hit the corals for the "neon" effect. Suggestions? I was on Ebay and saw a number of blue LED strips for around $15, but am highly suspicious, as they come right from China..
Any tips/tricks/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

fenrir

I have the 4 bulb version over my 40 breeder. Ecoxotic makes a stunner strip that I have seen in person that will just stick to your current light. I think the stunner strips run for $30 or so plus the ac Adapter. If you wanted to add some PAR levels to your tank you could go with their Panorama led strips which run from $60-$80. But the stunner will add a nice shimmer.

A

alanjess

I really like the 2 bulb version so far, and have been considering purchasing another 2 bulb version and linking them, or going ahead with a LED setup to get the best of both worlds. Thanks for the link for the stunner strips! Those look pretty nice. Still out of my budget, but I've bookmarked the site. :)